cranks, bearings, and bottome brackets.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 65' Firestone Warrior Vagabond with a really small sprocket. I am new to this. I also have a problem with the slipping when I pedal. Does this mean the bearings are bad? If so...how can I change the cranks, sprocket, bottom bracket or bearings, without one of those special crank pullers? I have just the basic tools, ie. wrench, channel locks.. Any help would be so great. Love this forum and you all are building some amazing rides. I am new and learning. Was a motorcycle builder but, went with a safer and cooler hobby.

one of these?

BwS4legBGkKGrHqNg0Ev10B2CQBMIRhhocjw_3.jpg

1-pc cranks don't take a special puller, just a big enough wrench to loosen the lock nut. Pedal and left side of crank are left handed threads. If your drive is slipping, however, it's most likely a problem with the hub.

Graylock, yes that is what i have, mine is brown with brown fenders and the seat is not original They also have some modern beartrap pedals and someone stuck a small sprocket on it and mini apes. I replaced the bars with close to original but haven.'t found a sprocket yet. Not sure exactly on it being a 65. Yours is the only other one I could find a pic of. Pretty neat bike. Thanks for the pic. Now I can have a start point at what should be on it. Not going to ratrod this one. Too cool as is.

Deorman, thanks for the info. Yea, probably the hub, you seem right on. I haven't tore bicycles apart since I was a kid and there is just way to much info out there online. I remember when a crescent wrench and channel locks could disassemble any of the bikes I had. lol. My brother and I used to see who could take theirs apart and put it back together the fastest. I lost. lol. thanks.

Back