"Creamcycle" schwinn town and country

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres my 75 schwinn town and country before its break down . at this point i added high rise bars . this was a reference photo to possible replicate the font. heres where it gets the name.

Nice color scheme and name. You should get one of the old metal cooler to put on the back!

Nice! I'm glad to see this up over here!I'm pretty amped to see that paint scheme completed. Lookin' good so far bud!

yesterday was one of those days and the cream lifted on me whe i added the clear but im at a loss because i used the same brand. here is the products i used . same thing happened on the diff i wet sanded it and hand painted the scallop over the clear . not what i wanted but it will work.

The duplicolor always does that to me with the rustoleum on top. Usually before I even get to the clear. They don't play well together. Looking slick either way.

I like the texture in the cream paint. I thought you did it on purpose!

Any time you use a non-catalyzed clear coat on top of a non-catalyzed color, aka spray bomb, you should apply in lite quick coats or the wet new paint will soak in and lift the paint beneath and cause it to egg shell like that.

ADDiLiberto said:
yesterday was one of those days and the cream lifted on me whe i added the clear but im at a loss because i used the same brand. here is the products i used . same thing happened on the diff i wet sanded it and hand painted the scallop over the clear . not what i wanted but it will work.

Carbon said:
Any time you use a non-catalyzed clear coat on top of a non-catalyzed color, aka spray bomb, you should apply in lite quick coats or the wet new paint will soak in and lift the paint beneath and cause it to egg shell like that.

ADDiLiberto said:
thanks for the tip brother i was scratching my head on this one because there the same brand but then thought maybe the cream shrank in between the 2 layers because i didnt scuff in between coats.

today i got primer on the frame it was really rough so ill be sanding and repriming be for color . thanks for all the feed back i love hearing from you guys .

The problem may have been that your base color was a different brand. Duplicolor is not the same brand as Rustolium. Duplicolor and Krylon are a product of Sherwin Williams. Rustolium is owned by an entirely different parent company called RPM International. Most Duplicolor paints are Lacquer base thinable by lacquer thinner. Rustolium is an enamel that is thinable by mineral spirits. I would not advise using them together. I have found the most useful way to determine if paints will be compatible is to read the "clean up" section on the instruction label. If is says it is cleanable with lacquer thinner then it should only be used with like products. Of course a test should always be conducted just to be sure. Good luck with the rest of your paint job! :)

Regards,

Re: "Creamcycle" PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAINT PAINT PAINT! AND LQQK at that shine!!!! im siked on how the paint came out smooth no runs nuttin i love it feed back welcome as usual

LukeTheJoker said:
That looks awesome! Really nice job!
For future reference, it does not take much effort to pop those bottom bracket bearing cups up and allows you to keep them nice and clean...

Luke.
TBH i was gona but they werent polished . so i was like screw it and left'em but i might poppem out and shine em up just so i dont look lazy when someone points that out at a show. i mean im going as far as new rims and spokes might as well polish the silly freaken things hahaha

Back