Cruiser Frame Size

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A question for you guys. I know a lot of the cruiser-type bikes have been made in a one-size-fits-all frame, and that one size tends to be smallish. Are there any of these old cruisers with a larger-than-average frame? I know, for example, that the frame sizes on the Raleigh rod-brake bikes were on the largish size rather than smallish. Any classic US bikes like that?

I can find some NEW cruisers that come in different sizes, but didn't know if they ever did that with the old ones.

63/64 schwinn american "king size" was taller and longer than their normal frames

as far as muscle bikes the huffy rails (and clones) had longer frames from seat to steer tube.

some of the CWC (Cleveland Welding) bikes are on the "big" side and most early Huffmans are big. my streamliner is 19" I think. the earlier you go the mor bikes were for adults.
Scott 8)

Godzilla has a 19" tall seat post and a 23" long top tube. I am considering selling it if you are interested. we would need to discuss what trinkets went with.
Scott 8)
IMG_0265.jpg

Back