cruiser project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see some more shots of that tank....great way to convert a girl's frame! 8)

Bike looks real good thus far!

spr001-1.jpg
Thanks Sleepy!

I love it! Do us favor though, and take that bad boy out in the yard and get a few full shots of it! I'm getting claustrophobic viewing those! :wink:

tankerboy55 said:
Thanks Pilot! Will try to get a picture of it when the weather lets up. Over and out!

What are your plans with it? I can't wait to see it finished.

I am doing the tank in coppor clad now. Just cant leave well enough alone!
Going for the Buck Rodgers look! :lol: Lets see a picture of your Pilot! Is it a Colson Pilot? A friend had a 1941 bullnose once. (garage sale find) Cool bike! I have always liked Colsons.

tankerboy55 said:
I am doing the tank in coppor clad now. ...
Can't wait to see the copper clad! Snap some progress pics please. I have some sheets of copper laying around and have this grandiose idea that I can successfully make a tank template out of a block of 2X4 and then use a ping hammer to form a copper tank around it by hammering the copper into submission until I end up with a super beat-up looking copper tank. Your cladding project could def help get me beyond the idea stage.

Very cool bike, by the way. Hope to see a "head to toe" pic soon.

Thanks Pudge! will see how it comes along..Just waiting for some copper sheeting to show up. I built my Aerocycle tank from aluminum but thought copper would be easier.

Back