CRUSTY 57 SPITFIRE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have a weakness for weather beaten red bikes. This one was offered up locally for $80 delivered so I couldn't refuse.

About the only thing I don't like are the stupid S7 wheels. :mad: May have to install a non Schwinn wheel set at some point.

I'm on a ratty roll this week... :dance2:

spitfire001.jpg

spitfire002.jpg

spitfire004.jpg

Nice! Looks like a good candidate for clear coat or linseed oil.

I would put some 57mm wheels with 2.125 tires and leave the rest alone, except maybe the seat.

I know the 2.125 will fit in a Schwinn middleweight frame, and the 3G 57mm wheels didn't add to the width of the 2.125 tires I used.

The fenders might be an issue, but might be just a close fit. A few of the members have said they fit 2.125 tires with fenders on Schwinn middleweight. I've never had fenders on any of my middleweight Schwinns so I never tried to fit them in.

Some people actually like the S-7 wheels, not me though. Those look in decent condition.

I'm with ya on the S7 rims...
Ya just have no choice in tires. Nothing fat, not much in tread choice either. One of Schwinns quirks that just sucks now.

Carl.

I bet the felt 50mm cruiser wheel set would fit. High price point though. Did I say they just float, roll for ever and coast uphill? Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back