Custom Elgin Twin Bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Finally got her today! Im really glad i bought this bike, it has a presence that demands you admire it. Havent posted in the build section for a while :? but moving on... its going to be a little custom, with the 24 by 3 thick bricks tires on vintage skiptooth wheels. Im also thinking of having a custom made rear rack, but dont know about that one yet. I have a light from austrailia on the way so I'll take more pics later. This is a slow build until after august.
Pictures003-5.jpg

Pictures001-5.jpg

Question.. how do you take links off of a skiptooth chain? I need to take 3 off of one i have for this bike but chain tool dosent fit.

bighit said:
Nice welcome to the club Dan. That bike takes 3's with room to spare. Will we see you on Jen's ride this weekend with it?
Wheres the ride? And what day? I might be able to roll. 8)

Walker said:
Sweet bike Dan Jose. Use a grinder on the necessary link pin, just down to flush, then use a punch and knock it out.

That thing looks like a steamroller with those wheels...

Thanks I'll try that when i get a chance.

or to save the link and all of the other chain, just clamp the chain in a vise and use a punch to drive it out. awesome twin! love the wheel setup, too cool 8)

Back