Custom Murray Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a Murray 2 wheel bike and I built it into a man's style 3 wheeler. Has a Del Sol rear axle with 24" x 1.75 tires. I took it completely apart and replaced any bad parts, repacked bearings, etc. Sanded old paint, primed and repainted with orange GM enamel, black base coat and cleared. Has high rise handle bars, working front Zoom suspension for smooth cruising, wide seat and new style front brake, cable type. Detailed chain guard with Murray decal. The rear rims are chrome which I cleaned with polish. Try to polish all chrome to look real nice if possible, instead of painting. Front rim is Alesa Alloy 26" x 1.75. Possibly a Schwinn wheel. Cruises real nice. One thing I have to remember is to lift a leg up and over! :mrgreen:
[/img]
murray.jpg
murray3.jpg
[/img
murray2.jpg
]
orgbike.jpg

Nice Trike! Well done. I read a lot that trikers prefer a step-through frame vs. the up-and-over thing! :) But, I love the look of the men's frame triked out.

Triggerfish said:
Nice Trike! Well done. I read a lot that trikers prefer a step-through frame vs. the up-and-over thing! :) But, I love the look of the men's frame triked out.
This is the first mens type i have done, your right trikers do prefer the step tru type. This winter when all the snowbirds get back here in Fla.,going to sell for $150. plus all the other bikes hopful thinking. Thanks for looking :p

Back