Custom Rollfast Tank Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much done with this one. Still need to come up with a kickstand and the strut rods....Oh and sand and take the dents out of the left side tank. I didn't notice that. :lol: So what you get is a riding picture. It loads kinda slow....Good ol Photobucket. I know several people are wondering where this one will end up. The suspense is over. My wife jumped on this one like a chicken on a june bug. It does ride nice, and sits low where she can have her feet on the ground. All in all it turned out pretty good. I'm happy. I will try to figure out a kickstand and do a decent photo shoot where its not right out in the bright sunlight and washes out the colors. So double click on the picture and watch me ride around like a old fat dummie. :shock:

Thats pretty good two Marks in a row. Glad yall like it. I can't get it out of my head what a frame with a tank out of the bigger 1 1/2'' tubing would look like. I may have to go back on my this is the last one for a while. :roll: :roll: :roll: Man its hard to change out the rollers in my bender . :oops:

Got some pics taken ....hope you like it.

photoshoot006.jpg

photoshoot004.jpg

photoshoot005.jpg

photoshoot011.jpg

photoshoot012.jpg

photoshoot013.jpg

Cool looking ride man. What kind of peddle cranks are those? Did it take a while to figure out the bend on the tubing to match the tank, mad skills always impressed 8) 8) 8)

maddogrider said:
Cool looking ride man. What kind of peddle cranks are those? Did it take a while to figure out the bend on the tubing to match the tank, mad skills always impressed 8) 8) 8)

I bought a Del Sol once and robbed the parts off of it. Man their stuff was first class. I looked at the bearings and cups and they don't look different , but they are super smooth. I took a tube and rolled it till I got close and then stuck it in my hydraulic bender and got it to match, then kinda built the frame around it. Matched the bends pretty good. Was a little time consuming , but not too bad. Yeah Maddog it was just to see what it would look like. :roll: Glad you like it.

Great stuff, as are all of your builds....... My favorite of your builds. Excellent :mrgreen:

i always dig new frames with old parts so this bike gravitates towards my style. i dig the design with the mix of straight and curves which is a hard thing to pull off and look right. bright red is a daring color to go with and it does work on this frame for sure. well done and again gives me a kick in the u know what to get mine done :oops:

Steve...Jeff thanks It has been a pretty fun build

Deorman...Thanks too ,I think? :lol: :lol:

karfer67 said:
i always dig new frames with old parts so this bike gravitates towards my style. i dig the design with the mix of straight and curves which is a hard thing to pull off and look right. bright red is a daring color to go with and it does work on this frame for sure. well done and again gives me a kick in the u know what to get mine done :oops:
It was another try to see if I could pull it off.... I had the red paint I bought to use on Markm's frame and decided on black. Waste not want not.
Really your not that far away on yours and its going to look cool when its done. The one thing I realized was I need to power wash my sidewalk. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I am going to try another with the 1 1/2 tubing and see if it will look good. I have a tank , but I may look for another that is bigger....hummm where is my Ebay card.?

pics came out really great! :D i gotta agree with most everyone else,this is my favorite frame build too! :mrgreen: beautiful lines,great colors,big tires....everything i like in a bike. really great work as always! im guessing "bettys version" will come with a more comfortable seat though! :wink:

texasbigjon said:
pics came out really great! :D i gotta agree with most everyone else,this is my favorite frame build too! :mrgreen: beautiful lines,great colors,big tires....everything i like in a bike. really great work as always! im guessing "bettys version" will come with a more comfortable seat though! :wink:
So everybody likes the next one I do better than the last. :roll: :roll: :roll: Glad that everybody likes it. Really the seat has about a 1/2'' of foam and a cover and its really comfortable. I think they used really soft springs to make it ride right. We both commented on how soft the seat felt. She like everybody else gets what I build , the way I build it. No requests. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Skipton said:
Man!...just love the way this one turned out...the colors are perfect!
Thanks Skip I'm pretty pleased too.
I tried to find some stainless tubing to build some strut rods out of. I went to three auto parts and they only had regular steel brake lines. I checked with a friend and he had a couple short pieces laying around. It was just barely enough to make a set. They are not the best set I have built , but will have to do till I can find some longer stainless. Still have to massage a couple small dents out of one side of the tank and then I'm through. :?

strutrods001.jpg

strutrods003.jpg

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
That's on my list of dream bikes :mrgreen: Great build :p

Thanks , Its coming right along. This is the most I have had to do to one. Recover a seat , build strut rods, and straighten a tank. I'm about worn out. I like the simple builds....stick on a few parts and I'm through. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

i like it. it has kinda an old look to it.

by that i mean it looks almost like it could have been some kind of stock stretch from way back. like some company experimented with stretch cruisers back in the 50's-60's and you found one. even moreso when i imagine it with fenders, chainguard, older style forks and stuff.

Uncle Stretch said:
Deorman...Thanks too ,I think? :lol: :lol:

I have a tank , but I may look for another that is bigger...

:lol: Everything is bigger in Texas. :wink:

Back