Custom WF build for xmas present! (finished!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got this one in a collection i purchased from an older dude near atlanta.

decided to build it up for my woman for xmas present.

its hard cuz we live together. there is now a bedroom in the house that is off limits to her. hah

anyhow, i have gone all out with this one. the frame/fork/tank is about the only thing i reused.

here is a before photo....
2880790212_9e10609069_b.jpg

first thing i did was take it apart and take the frame/fork/tank to me powdercoating guy.
he blasted them and coated with metallic silver. he then did a transparent blue on the tank, creating a candy blue finish.
looks superb in the sun.

i am using chrome drop centers from one of my Flighliners, with the 2 speed kickback rear (3 red bands)
red brick tires - 26 x 2.125"

aftermarket fenders with ducktail - painted a charcoal grey metallic.
sparkle blue grips
aftermarket phantom rear rack - painted blue metallic
black troxel saddle with silver trim, chrome crash rail.
schwinn mag sprocket, NOS wald crank
new BB and HS
cruiser bars
NOS wald stem
blue band WF pedals
Wald new front basket (gotta have it for her purse!)
new headbadge
chrome bullet headlight
chrome winged tail light
some photos of the parts
IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

f93e_1.JPG

bf1f_1.JPG

7db3_1.JPG

0077_1.JPG

Re: Custom WF build for xmas present!

I have the right guard for this and will snap a picture and post it later on.

Joe

joe, you rock!

some better photos of the parts i have so far.
100_2832.jpg

i think i am gonna use the white grips instead of the blue ones...the blue ones are small.
i also think i may use different pedals...i have some black and chrome bowties.
fenders!
100_2830.jpg

bendix two speed kickback
100_2835.jpg

somewhat mocked up...
100_2837.jpg

100_2839.jpg

100_2838.jpg

100_2836.jpg

100_2833.jpg

100_2834.jpg

100_2840.jpg

i have some fork darts in the works, a decal for the chainguard, and i have something in mind for the tank.

Well, I thought I had a different guard from a girls bike, but I could not locate it, but I did find this one. This is from a post war CWC Roadmaster. It is the earlier of the two designs with the fully enclosed rear. $35 shipped to you if you are interested. No dents only some slight surface rust under the paint. I noticed that this guard looks like it is chrome under the original paint so it might be able to be stripped and saved without painting.

WFGuard1.jpg

WFGuard2.jpg

Joe,
thanks for the thought mang, but i am not sure it fits with the style i am going for.
also, i have already spent way too much money on this build!!!
i do appreciate it.

This bike is looking great. Can't wait to see it finished. I've got a girls' 60s Huffy Eldorado tanker that is going to be a an eventual project for my 11-year old daughter to ride.

mark, actually its from one of my flightliners.
good eye

looking really good so far. i like blue silver combo.

HELP!!!

i just tried to tighten the top headset nut on to the steering tube, and it wont tighten all the way.
i even tried other headset nuts. i think when the guy blasted it he must have blasted off some thread.

here's the deal....i need a 26" fork. 8.5" steering tube. from a balloon.heavyweight bike.
anybody got one?????

thanks,
adam

turn it down?

wouldnt that make it even thinner?

the nut turns on it, but just wont get tight.

AH!! I misunderstood. I assumed you needed the threads to go farther down. And I was less than descriptive in my first reply. my apologies. I was referring to tapping the threads down farther. I'm thinking this will help no matter what. maybe the threads just need to be cleaned up some.

well, i may have the fork working.....i can get it pretty tight...but then it loosens. should be ok til i find a replacement.

here is a more complete mockup.....got the handlebars on, crank. pedals, rear light, rear fender.

the front light and double horn i have on a reflector mount. not sure if its sturdy enough for the weight or not.
i think it looks pretty cool - what does everybody think?

thanks....adam
100_2841.jpg

100_2843.jpg

100_2844.jpg

gonna try to do more tomorrow and take some more photos in the sunlight

i forgot, i wont be able to use that horn/headlight setup cuz i have to put the basket on the front!!!!!

crap, i am gonna have to figure out how to mount them all on top of the bars.

Sorry about the chainguard. It got left in my college dorm 2hrs away from my house. Maybe I can find you something else here at the house.

are you still looking for forks? I have a Ladies Sears frame/fork in the garage..Ill dig it out and measure it if ya want. Its blue....kinda like the tank. Mark

dumpster_diver said:
Sorry about the chainguard. It got left in my college dorm 2hrs away from my house. Maybe I can find you something else here at the house.

webb, its all good. i found a really baddarse huffy one for like $5 on epay. gotta repaint, nbd.

Back