Custom Workman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWC

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got bored the other day and took some parts I had laying around and a welder and went to town! Some hammering and cutting lots of swearing and yelling at myself and a couple days latter this badboy rolled out of the doors.

wheelbender6 said:
Way cool. I like the way you mounted the seat.
Thanks, I welded a hinge to the top of the seat post and then to the seat pan I made so it has about 1.5 inches of travel on it. It rides really nice, just have to be careful your butt doesn't get hit by the tire

LukeTheJoker said:
Very cool! Those forks rock!

Luke.
Good ole flipped schwinn knee action! This bike was gonna get my shelby shock ease springer but they ended up on one of my colson, all my cruisers have a cool springer on them, thats just how I roll! :lol:

deven_science said:
Saw this bike on Facebook. I dig it!
Thanks man! I just took the skiptooth setup off tonight and put a redband kickback wheel on it with a 7 hole schwinn sprocket. Now I can get up hills without having to stand up and crank my guts out.

Kool frame mods. It's amazing what a few well ok a lot of little things does

now my biggest issue is to pad and cover the seat or leave it metal?

deven_science said:
CWC said:
now my biggest issue is to pad and cover the seat or leave it metal?

I'd leave it metal. Maybe use a gel seat cover for longer rides. They're only $15.
yeah I like it metal, why cover up all the work I did hammering it out? Maybe some pinstripe work on it

Ended up making a new seatpan for it and taking it on a brutal 9 mile ride the other day! with this wheel combo I would be in rough shape going into a bike shop and asking for a tire! s-7 on the back and a 650b on the front!

Back