cut seatpost to weld

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My mistake was that cut the whole seapost right down to the weld. now I don't know what to do. anyone know how I would fix it?

I mean on the frame. I have no seat post at all.

I'm assuming you mean the seat tube? You could make yourself a seatpost that works the same way as a goose neck. Cut the bottom of the seatpost at an angle and install a wedge bolt.

Notice there's no seat post clamp. That's the way this old Huffy was from the factory I'm pretty sure.
14-2.jpg

get it to the height you want and drill a hole through the frame and seat post and run a bolt through it!!

Great idea markm. On my bike i'm building i ran into the same problem, I could not tighten down the clamp tight enough to keep the post from slipping.I read your post about drilling a hole, seemed like a simple fix.Instead of a bolt I put a seat quick connect thru it. It doesnt work as a quick release anymore but it sure looks good, and solved my problem.thanx

seat tube

I have no seat tube at all. The seat post is a 13/16'' top part and bottom is 7/8''. Now heres my problem I can't make seat post to fit inside the tubing. The seat post has to be layback post because i need to install a tractor seat. It is driving me nuts.

Back