CWC??? Ladies bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Can anyone help ID this one? It's on the local CL.
I was guessing CWC build from the fender braces and drops.

00909_lurqGflkGqI_600x450.jpg

00e0e_jcbUwz4BSPJ_600x450.jpg

not sure on the make or model but those fender braces are awesome the whole bike has a nice flow to it.
in my guessing in this condition, it's value is somewhere around 60 due to it being a ladies model
it's cool though the parts are worth something i reckon

They have it listed as a vintage Schwinn (all old bikes are Schwinn's right?) with a price of $150. They'll have to come down a lot before I will think about getting it to part out.

Not for me. Too many other projects in the wings as it is.

Indeed CWC; considering the parts and serial, I say 1947 Western Flyer badged originally.

Is there a CWC serial lookup anywhere on the web? I can't find one.

Is there a CWC serial lookup anywhere on the web? I can't find one.

There is not! They repeated serials several times in quick succession so it's partially dependent upon the frame and other features coupled with the serial. I was a silent understudy of RMS37 and read everything he ever typed on the company. One of the last prewar prefixes I'm familiar with is I or J, then they stamped some early wartime frames back at A, then C, D, E, F serials show up in '45-46, then they started back at A partway through '46. That's the quick and dirty of it.

The curved braces first started in '40 (though I've seen a claimed '39 with them). They continued to use them through 1947, being the latest I've seen them. I believe every prewar frame will have dropstand tangs.

Received delivery of this bike today. Will be parted out shortly.

Back