BO15 CyberCYCO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much to tell right now. Might take advantage of the 3 day weekend to get some fab work done, or I might not. Tune in on Tuesday to find out!

Same rat time...

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

So, I went on an extended ride on Saturday, and came home with a sunburn on my forearms. Stayed inside to protect my rosy inner elbows for the remainder of my weekend. Did manage to figure out my new vinyl cutter, though...
db243fa1f0e7e883632d5c0194f726bd.jpg

So, I went on an extended ride on Saturday, and came home with a sunburn on my forearms. Stayed inside to protect my rosy inner elbows for the remainder of my weekend. Did manage to figure out my new vinyl cutter, though...
db243fa1f0e7e883632d5c0194f726bd.jpg

Ooooooooh, vinyl cutter you say.......

OoooOOOooooohh! Dave, are you taking orders to fund your build off bike? :D
I would need to go buy more vinyl before I do any of that. I really picked it up to do paint masks/stencils.

Finally some opportunities to work on this thing! First, I cleaned up my "swingarm", removing tabs, brackets and remnants from where I cut.
6f4cafed9f94c93ef1ab7ad439ee49e1.jpg
374b505e247d82b50ed81feac87e99ad.jpg
ffdb8513b2698cb70bb47b372b9e0993.jpg

After putting the grinder away, I figured that I would at least try one of the vintage Goodyear Grasshopper 16x3.25 motorcycle tires that I originally bought for this project. They're heavy, but have so much more height to them than either the Schwinn Stingray- or Kenda 20x4-1/4 tires.
2e9db7d83ba4e6e38f1463cef45c6ab4.jpg
cdd3f87952b2c9cf4845cb4346f5d8eb.jpg

Go for it! 16" motorcyle tires are cool and LARGE on these OCC 20" wheels

Grasshopper.... you've really 'snatched the pebble' with that tire Dave! And that swing arm..?!?
I have to go back and see how that evolved. :forum:

Grasshopper.... you've really 'snatched the pebble' with that tire Dave! And that swing arm..?!?
I have to go back and see how that evolved. :forum:
Yeah, cut down an OCC Stingray until all that is left is the rear triangle and the bottom tube forward to the bottom bracket. Now I need to build up the pivot points, and add some triangulated braces to keep the whole thing from twisting. The BB on the original frame will become the pivot point for the swingarm, and will probably require some reinforcement, itself.

Is this build in quarantine? Any updates?

Looking great!

That raleigh looks like it would collapse on itself

Fantastic mod(s), hope to see this finished

Is this build in quarantine? Any updates?
Not many updates to share. Getting kind of overwhelmed with work, so I have spent my little bits of shop time on other minor projects. I think that I am going to try to finish this up without the electric drive. I just got another frame, and it is SCREAMING for a hub motor-to-mid-drive conversion.
I will try to make progress this weekend.
Meanwhile, here are the bikes that I have been working on:
88c42e7adb44495743d5406f62fe3ef9.jpg
b2c52fb172b77a81393e2fd86820cdb6.jpg

Wow, that red Raleigh is nice. I like the logos in the crank. Is the frame aluminum? And are the bars integrated into the basket? You gotta show us more!

Wow, that red Raleigh is nice. I like the logos in the crank. Is the frame aluminum? And are the bars integrated into the basket? You gotta show us more!
Yeah, the bars and the basket are an integrated unit by Origin-8. The frame on these Raleigh cruisers from the '90s ARE aluminum, but the fork is cro-mo. I like the heron in the chainwheel, too. I don't think I really have any more pics in my phone of that one, except for the hubs before I laced up the wheels. Alloy-shelled coaster brake rear and hollow axle bmx front hub.
c41d55a5c3fc10294592b1f11b58b8dc.jpg

I did not know it was a heron. Always thought it was a dragon. I think that makes me want a Raleigh a little bit more now.

I did not know it was a heron. Always thought it was a dragon. I think that makes me want a Raleigh a little bit more now.

Maybe it's a fire breathing Heron?

Latest posts

Back