CYCO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!

First off though, that is a cool seat post!

Now the car...

:eek::113::41::43::thumbsup: SCORE!
Looks like a great survivor!

Luke.

Thanks Luke......I'm going to keep it pretty much as it is. Needs tyres, so I'm putting a set on with narrow whitewalls (not really whitewalls, more of a strip.....I'm sure you know the type I mean), and dropping the front down to match the rear. mechanically, I'll change the dizzy for an electronic one, and get a brake booster fitted.....currently has unboosted drums all round :eek: :eek: :eek:.....thats about it.....just drive and enjoy it.

Careful you get the right brake booster, a disc ready one will not work, I cant remember which way around it is but you may end up with the slightest touch putting you through the windscreen and putting flat spots on those brand new narrow whites... ;) (Don't ask me how I know, thanks to my Brothers XR Falcon...)

Luke.

Careful you get the right brake booster, a disc ready one will not work, I cant remember which way around it is but you may end up with the slightest touch putting you through the windscreen and putting flat spots on those brand new narrow whites... ;) (Don't ask me how I know, thanks to my Brothers XR Falcon...)

Luke.

We have an awesome brake shop here in town......my Dad used to go there when I was a little kid. I'll be getting them to add the booster.....brakes are about the only thing I don't touch.

Last edited:
Man all the custom touches are really coming together great.
Good to see your son could be camera man too.
Leave him that Valiant and he will be a rich man.
Like the practical upgrades to make it more useable and a classic.

Did you make that rail block for your seat? That's pretty slick!!
Dig the Valiant too.

Did you make that rail block for your seat? That's pretty slick!!
Dig the Valiant too.

No Brian, the rail block came with the stem.
Thanks mate, yes the Valiant is great :)

I didn't get around to any bike work last weekend. It was a 4 day weekend, and I had 3 gigs and wanted to spend some extra time with my wife and son........not much point working your butt off to get ahead, then never seeing your family!
I only have one gig this weekend (so far!!.....anything can happen though) and plan to at least get the seat mount welded onto the frame, and the welds and stuff cleaned up.

Nice bike,lovin the seat post,fantastic looks like it should have mounted there in the first place...:thumbsup:

Nice bike,lovin the seat post,fantastic looks like it should have mounted there in the first place...:thumbsup:

Good gosh this is one wicked build!

Your bike is really cool, I like anything about it!

That seat post is very cool!:thumbsup:

Thanks so much guys and gal. I still didn't get around to any bike work last week, I picked up an extra gig and did some work on my Valiant on the weekend, and have been busy at work with end of semester assessments and reporting.

I will be doing some this weekend..........I have to, so I can strip the bike down for paint.
On a positive note, I found the item I've been looking for to finish the tank cover/drink holder.......very happy with it :) :) :)

P1010133.jpg

Filing
P1010140.jpg

Saddle up!!
P1010145.jpg

Any updates?

Not an exciting update, but at least I got a bit of work done on the bike today. I welded the seat mount on, welded and cleaned up where I had cut stuff off, and made a new plate to replace where I removed the stand mount from the chainstays. It's pretty much done apart from paint and assembly.

I've been busy with other stuff and have not been able to spend much time on this build, and won't get enough time to finish it to the standard I would like, so will probably just give it a quick sand and a couple of coats of red primer........it is a rat after all ;)

P1010187.jpg

P1010188.jpg

P1010184.jpg

Looking sharp Bean!
Build on buddy!

Back