CYCO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I could help :)
Actually, I cut mine on Sunday when I started the build (just getting around to posting it), which I believe is about the same day you cut yours. Great minds think alike, and sometimes my average mind thinks like a great one! When I see a twin bar top tube I always think Elgin...

Good luck, Rg

Thanks so much for all the kind comments. I've too busy for the last couple of days to touch this bike, but the gears in my head are whirring pretty loudly :crazy2:. I have a couple of ideas for the cup holder area, and ordered the handlebars. the next 4 or 5 days are pretty full on for me as well, but I'll try to grab a few minutes bike work here and there.

Ordered the bars and saddle. They're on the way :)

Also, I gave the frame a good test today........no flex!!

Nitto Promenade
nitto-tour-2_720x600.jpg

They look like this with a bit cut off them
IMG_2101.jpg

Love the B17
brooks-england-standard-saddle-black_1_1024x1024.jpg

Big weekend!! I played Friday and Saturday night gigs, then got up early this morning for Mother's Day. I helped our son with a cup of tea in bed for my wife, then went to visit my mother, and take her out to lunch. Home for some yard work and a couple of loads of laundry :eek:. I seasoned some steaks and let them rest before they go on the grill, and managed to get 30 minutes to work on CYCO :).

There was no excess room at the chain stays........the wheel and tire fit in, but were rubbing. I cut the stand mount, bolted the internals of a hub to hold the dropouts together, and spread the stays with a scissor jack. Now I have approx 10mm on either side. Looks nice and straight, but I'll check with a stringline when I get some more time..........Now, off to BBQ :):):).

P1010027.jpg

P1010028.jpg

P1010029.jpg

P1010034.jpg

Thanks Luke. I learned my trade from awesome guys who taught me how to get things done quickly. When you're working on a locomotive that has be in service at a set time, you learn to move fast!!
Also, the periods at the school I teach at are only 55 minutes (which become more like 40 minute lessons when students arrive from their previous class, get dressed in work clothes and boots, then get marked off the roll before they can start), so you have to plan and prepare to get a lot of work done in a short time frame.

Never even thought of spreading chain stays like that, wonder if it'd work on my ally frame? Then I could get the 26x3 Kendal flames that are calling me on eBay :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back