D.T.A.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont trust anybody. I get so sick of this kinda stuff and peoples "word".

Guy posts a Trailmate tryke on CL for 100. Needs tlc like dryrotted tires but pretty d3cent shape. After a couple of days I call on Thursday night. Guy seems nice and we agree for me to pickup Sat morn @10:30. I rest easy knowing we have a sealed deal.
Friday morning I get an email (not a call)......sorry tryke was stolen last night will let you know if I get it back. YEAH RIGHT. Sold to someone else. I know money talks but if you agree to sell at least give that person first oppurtunity or dont make a deal at all. Moral of story DTA.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Some people have bad luck with Clist ,luckily I've never had a problem, come to think of it isn't the a thread on this subject already ?

In my area (N.E. Wisconsin) I have never had a problem with CL. Sometimes inquiries are never replied to, Sometimes prices are way too high, Many times a deal just don't feel right. :eek:
I try to check sellers out with google and our state has a website that can show (some) personal legal history, helps me figure if there is a shady person on the other end. :bandit:
I try not to ask sellers to "hold" items, and try to pick up stuff quick, at a safe location, and have the cash. It's how I like to sell stuff on CL too. :thumbsup:

One shyster makes all the other good deals look bad. I showed up once to get a bike only to find the guy had another buyer scheduled at the same time. He tried to get a auction going between us, I just walked.

Back