Dad is a wreck.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Tomorrow my little boy starts kindergarten, he's excited and I'm a wreck.

My wife and I have 3 kids, our daughter started the 3rd grade Monday, our son starts kindergarten tomorrow, and our 2 year old daughter starts preschool this week.

When our daughter started kindergarten it was at a private Christian school, her teacher was a lady that my wife grew up knowing, it didn't bother me at all.

My son is going to be in the same public school as my daughter is in now and I like the school and he has the best teacher, but it is just tearing me up inside. I don't play favorites with my kids, but there is just a different connection with my son and me.

I just snuggled with him in his bed for 1 song (his request) and I couldn't keep my eyes from sweating while up there and I prayed the whole time. He has the sweetest spirit and I prayed that he changes the world and that it doesn't change him.

I just made him a sandwich for lunch and just picturing him in that big lunch room, it's just tough.

Here's my little man:
IMG_1207.jpg

Here's us:
mon.jpg

Gold Street Customs said:
Buck up little camper :lol: just remember he is part of you and his spirit will bless all who get to know him, I pray for a hedge of protection around him, and comfort for dad :wink:

Thanks Jim.

Yoothgeye
My advise (FWIW).....Take your camera and lots of kleenex. Then remember this day 'cause in about 12 years you'll get to drop him off at a college dorm some 12 hours from home and you'll drive home through tears for the first six hours and .... Oh never mind. Congratulations to you and your little guy, enjoy the day.
Gizmo (been there!)

I took my oldest to his first day of preschool (now a sophomore in HS) in my Mustang I was racing at the time to keep his mind off going to school. It was street car w/ a full suspension set up, 8-pt cage, flow master exhaust, Weld wheels, no radio A/C or heat. Just the sound of the engine to listen to. He liked having to climb over the roll cage to get in & out of it and the 5-pt harness holding him in. So if you have something like that, it could take his mind off it. Which in turn relaxes you as well when he's having fun!

He doesn't seem to be worried at all, he is very excited. I got rid of my off-road trucks, he would've loved that. Oh well.

Great post! One more mile stone of many to come.
Just be thankful that it is a very good event in both of your lives.
Take pictures if you have time.

jerrykr said:
Great post! One more mile stone of many to come.
Just be thankful that it is a very good event in both of your lives.
Take pictures if you have time.

My wife took pictures this morning, he has friends in his class and the best kindergarten teacher at the school, so I did really well this morning, but all through the day I am thinking about what he might be doing there and how I am not there to help him. I guess I need to let him grow up.

Peatbog said:
Yep, I remember when my son started riding more with his friends than with me. It was a bummer, but he is building friendships that he will need for the rest of his life when I am long gone.

Well then I plan to teach my son some sweet tricks to really impress his future riding buddies.

Good luck yoothgeye, I'm sure he will do fine :wink: Looks like you have the same relationship with him as I do with my father :D

I started my first day of technical high school today...I miss summer :|

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I started my first day of technical high school today...I miss summer :|

You're gonna do awesome... or your dad will take that new bike away from you! :lol:

Picked my son up and he had a great day, I missed the part where he only goes every other day for the first 2 weeks, half the class one day, the other half the next... weird. After that it's full time everyday. I know he will do great, but he's my little boy.

I didn't sleep last night.

Latest posts

Back