daily commuters

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok this thread may be kinda weak but if most of y'all are like me i ride my bike everywhere i must have about 400 miles on my onex 29e already and i only had it 8 weeks
so yeah its a daily commuter so with that being said i will post pics of my onex very slighty modified ( just vavecaps and a bag( weak i know lol )
feel free to show them off
sean

Bike looks cool, Sean! 8)
Shown this one here before but it is my daily rider right now and, well, I like it. :D
40s Schwinn chromoly Continental:

attachment.php

heya the black monark
thanks for the kinds words i like it the way it is
you're bike looks sweet!! i love the blue color its perfect
the drum give it a sweet tough but dependable kinda look
looks comfy too and fast
great commuter
thanks for sharing
Sean

thanks bud!
Frame and fork were painted way back by Brian Baylis. Had the dropouts chrome plated, used some NOS decals, not for Conti, but look cool anyway, IMO.
Sturmey drum, Sachs 2spd kicker, every time I look at the wheels I want to rebuild them with some double-butted spokes tho...those straight 14g look like sticks!
Fun bike.

Here's mine, we're a one car family so rain or shine I'm doing at least 8 miles daily on a bike who's frame is 75 years old.

It's a 1937 Hawthorne frame, bare metal and WD40, with a Schwinn springer with the trusses welded to the legs and a cross brace/ light bracket pinned to the trusses. The rear wheel is an Electra single speed coaster, the front is an alloy rim laced to a Keyin quick release hub. Due to the fact that I'm going from street to WPA project sidewalks to trails I'm running a MTB tire on the rear with a road tire up front both 26x2.125. The headlight is a '50's tractor light converted to LEDs, the taillight is a Bell spider with a custom built mount for the swap meet find rack's support leg. The stem is an aluminum road model I got in a box of parts, the bars are generic straight MTB bars bobbed to 21" with Kult Vans grips. The seat is a '70's Freccia D'oro, molded plastic model.
I've kind of cobbled this thing together from a hodgepodge of parts, it's one of a kind to say the least. I work at the University of North Texas and my job has me riding all over campus daily, I get compliments, stares, and questions constantly and I never have a hard time finding it at the overflowing bike racks.

that's a sweet road bike.

im gonna throw out a guess and say it is a 91 by the color and style but i could be wrong.
it's a sweet commuter and looks to be fun to ride.
thanks for posting.
Sean.

i forgot about this post so i have to update it a bit
my commuter has gone thru a few other changes so i have to update the pic
so here it is now

i have since this picture added a license plate and bracket near the rear wheel.
thanks for posting
sean

Got a 60s Phillips female frame. I have a thing for female frames, despite me being a guy. Nothing wrong with that. (They're also hella cheaper) It's a three speed.
1501668_727259677302896_1431484259_n.jpg

995587_727259727302891_1890997578_n.jpg

I have built a couple mostly road bikes or fix gear. but to many try to steal them. so now I use this. worst that happens they jack my bike seat some times.

Attachments

• DSC01013.JPG
    DSC01013.JPG
    396.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01011.JPG
    DSC01011.JPG
    380.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01012.JPG
    DSC01012.JPG
    503.4 KB · Views: 28
Back