Daily Higgins.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my daily ride.....Torn it down and clean inside and out......Custom made tank, and seat....(which is made from one of my flannel jackets).....NOS grips, and light......She rides nice.....Next to come is a rear refector, NOS front fender light or some 1950's hood oritament from a ford or buick.......So tell me what you guys think or any suggestions.......Rad laters.....

[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww286/rustyspokes21/DSCF0189.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww286/rustyspokes21/DSCF0190.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww286/rustyspokes21/DSCF0188.jpg[/img]

That's very nice... Look at those wheels. My first real bike was a JC Higgins middleweight deluxe from 1957... and since owning and selling that bike, these have held a place in my heart. :lol: The Murray Made JC Higgins bicycles really were very nice and are neat int that there were so many variations, types, and styles.
Here are two that I owned in the past year:

mtqut0.jpg

21sex1.jpg

Hey thanks unchained.......Man your J.C. rides are CRAZY nice.........I bought mine off CL awhile back for $50.....Then I've gone threw it and made it mine.......I think it had a tank/light when first born because it has soild brackets on the back of the frame.........But anyways love your rides...... :D

rustyspokes21 said:
Hey thanks unchained.......Man your J.C. rides are CRAZY nice.........I bought mine off CL awhile back for $50.....Then I've gone threw it and made it mine.......I think it had a tank/light when first born because it has soild brackets on the back of the frame.........But anyways love your rides...... :D

Thanks! I no longer own either... I flipped both after quite a bit of riding and enjoying them... I should never have sold the jet flo. :lol: I like your bike a lot, the patina is very nice! Finding an appropriate tank should be pretty easy.... there seem to be a LOT of the Murray JCH middleweights left, and plenty of parts for them.

love it! really dig the rustic paint and new shiney wheels n tires. great daily rider. have a 63' jch deluxe of my own, one of the huffy built ones. love those old bikes. :mrgreen:

Thanks roadmaster.....Yeah she rides nice and its a fun little ride........Hey you have a 63' jch deluxe???.......I would love to see some pix of it if you have???........Rad laters.....

That's very nice... Look at those wheels. My first real bike was a JC Higgins middleweight deluxe from 1957... and since owning and selling that bike, these have held a place in my heart. :lol: The Murray Made JC Higgins bicycles really were very nice and are neat int that there were so many variations, types, and styles.
Here are two that I owned in the past year:

mtqut0.jpg

21sex1.jpg
Hello, my dad received the bike in the top picture for christmas 1956....He said it had a red chain guard with a black accent and the headlight was all chrome with the "ripple" glass on it...Is it possible that he received an early 1957 for Christmas that year or did some of the late 1956 bikes come with the aboved mentioned parts ? He wants to buy one but make it correct for 1956 and he specifically remembers those parts back then.

Latest posts

Back