Darn, those rules!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was seriously considering to take part on the next build off, but your rules made it impossible.
Neither of those categories suit my vision nor the parts I have at hand.

What I have is an idea that needs to be tested and i can´t wait for the next "Competition".

Oh well, my loss if anybodys.

Have a good race!

Would you like some cheese with that whine?;)
If I might politely address what looks like a very cold prickly post....

Please consider a build thread of your very own right here in RRB!
This way you can play 'outside the rules' (which is way cool), 'test your ideas' and share your creativity with us all.
I'm positive that along the way to realizing your cycular vision you'll still get encouragement, and nice warm fuzzies along the way.
Just by seeing your avitar,
I sincerely know that you have skills and creativity.
You have piqued my interest and surely others that look forward to seeing the tricks you have up your sleeve on your new project.:113:

PS: I missed build off because my potential bikes were in mid build before the start date.
(and I'm no good at documenting anyway)
My idea for the next project may or may not meet the rules or timeline but in the end I know I'll end up with a winning ride that pleases Me.:happy:

My fine Finnish friend, as latefordinner said above, you can post your current build in an "Other Builds" forum thread. You will find it on the main Forum home page.

Let us know if you do. You will have followers!

I was seriously considering to take part on the next build off, but your rules made it impossible.
Neither of those categories suit my vision nor the parts I have at hand.

What I have is an idea that needs to be tested and i can´t wait for the next "Competition".

Oh well, my loss if anybodys.

Have a good race!
There is a third option Brother. You could post in the Competitions Forum, a new thread with your idea as to the challenge and see if anyone else is interested in building a similar bike. Go peruse the forum and you'll see a couple I was in.... zombie bikes in "world war z" comes to mind as does the "Unofficial March Shootout 2019" I started while waiting for the next (last recent) build off to start. If it's an interesting challenge folks may just join in.

Carl.

And/or....
It's actually pretty easy to build a bike that fits in the "Muscle Bike Class" without building a Muscle Bike. 2 of 3 rules. Bigger back tire, Apes or similar, Banana Seat. Must have at least 2 of the 3. Tire size stagger and Apes on anything fits the rules, and you don't have to leave it that way, just for the final photo. It's your bike do what you want after the photo. Back tire can be fatter or taller to be bigger. Ape hangers can easily be swapped out later too.
Personally I like building bikes that push the limits of the rules, and have had fun in the past doing so. I built this in the Muscle Bike Build Off last year and it's hardly a Muscle Bike....
basement3.jpg

and it doesn't look like that ^^^ anymore as it continues to evolve, I never stop tweaking my bikes....
MS Bridge.jpg

Carl.

Last edited:
And/or....
It's actually pretty easy to build a bike that fits in the "Muscle Bike Class" without building a Muscle Bike. 2 of 3 rules. Bigger back tire, Apes or similar, Banana Seat. Must have at least 2 of the 3. Tire size stagger and Apes on anything fits the rules, and you don't have to leave it that way, just for the final photo. It's your bike do what you want after the photo. Back tire can be fatter or taller to be bigger. Ape hangers can easily be swapped out later too.
Personally I like building bikes that push the limits of the rules, and have had fun in the past doing so. I built this in the Muscle Bike Build Off last year and it's hardly a Muscle Bike....
View attachment 106838
and it doesn't look like that ^^^ anymore as it continues to evolve, I never stop tweaking my bikes....
View attachment 106839

Carl.
Eggs-actly.

Rules were made to be tested by bending them to the point of stressing and often beyond. Which leads to long threads relating to what is, and what is not, within the scope and intentions of the rules in the first place.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?;)
If I might politely address what looks like a very cold prickly post....

Please consider a build thread of your very own right here in RRB!
This way you can play 'outside the rules' (which is way cool), 'test your ideas' and share your creativity with us all.
I'm positive that along the way to realizing your cycular vision you'll still get encouragement, and nice warm fuzzies along the way.
Just by seeing your avitar,
I sincerely know that you have skills and creativity.
You have piqued my interest and surely others that look forward to seeing the tricks you have up your sleeve on your new project.:113:

PS: I missed build off because my potential bikes were in mid build before the start date.
(and I'm no good at documenting anyway)
My idea for the next project may or may not meet the rules or timeline but in the end I know I'll end up with a winning ride that pleases Me.:happy:
You are right and you are wrong.
I did not mean to whine about it, just made an observation about the rules on this particular build off.
It´s my loss, not yours if I prefer some styles to others.
I`m always glad to watch what you guys build here and I always want to give my vote to the bikes that I like.

My fine Finnish friend, as latefordinner said above, you can post your current build in an "Other Builds" forum thread. You will find it on the main Forum home page.

Let us know if you do. You will have followers!
I`ll try, but I have to warn you.
I`m very lazy to take pictures...

Latest posts

Back