Darwin Traffic light. How to mount switch?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Ok, so moved the thread here, and got a pic.

Picked this up off fleebay and got it last week. Havent had much time to mess with it besides putting some batts in it and testing it. It needs the contacts all cleaned but I got all the lights to work. 8)

Darwintrafficlight.jpg

Question is where do I mount the switch? Im thinking it needs to go on the bottom bracket for the crank gear to move the switch?

Anyone have any experience with one? Its missing at least one little bracket, all the screws, and the instructions as far as I can tell (per the seller it was missing bolts and thats it :roll: ) Im not to worried bout the missing parts and should be able to get it mounted. At least the light brackets were there, :lol: .

Let me know what ya think. Are these common or not? Especialy in nos condition, whats there is in great shape beside one wire broke off also, but that can be fixed as well. Overall the parts there are in awesome shape. Also whats something like this worth?

Thanks I think its purty neat as well. The were sold through sears, and for some of reason I have a affinity towards vintage sears products, very fitting as a large amount of their products were manufactured in the Chicago area not far from where I live. I get into vintage Allstate single wheel trailers pretty hardcore. Lol.

Biggest problem I see is I don't have a bike in as nice of shape as the light. Lol. I don't know if it will look right on my monster patina Columbia.

Hahaha I see they posted mine in there.

Cool saw on there or a link that the switch mounts on the frame and rubs on the wheel sprocket.

Now I suppose I should get it mounted and working. Lol.

Latest posts

Back