Dauntless

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in.This is an old Western Flyer i aquired last year,been waiting for this.Kansas City influenced.Kansas City is home.This is gonna be fun!
052.jpg
Picture055.jpg

Re: K.C. Flyer

A bit more to add.My Grandfather was a Chief Aviation Machinist Mate on the U.S.S.Enterprise from 39-45. SBD Dauntless was his plane.VB6(Bomber Squadron 6)known as The Black Rams was their insignia.He was there before the chase after Pearl Harbor till the Enterprise was taken out of action from a Kamakazi attack in May of 1945.This build will also touch a bit on the Black Rams.
SBDDauntless.jpg
blackramsvb-6.jpg

Alright,finished up my front end.Trashed the spring,cut some all thread,added some Pontiac suspension parts from work.Rubber bushings from a Buick for soft bumps and also a aerodynamic chain guard.
DSCF0007.jpg
DSCF0010.jpg
DSCF0009.jpg

14" or so of all thread brought the forks back toward the frame,landing it just about spot on.
DSCF0023.jpg

hey man, glad to see your in this...might seeya at the swap sunday!

Thanks Jon,you are partly to blame for this illness :) .......O.K. This week im goin to Line X.Bulletproof spray on bed liners.Lucky for me i get to apply the coating to my project.Hope that is within the rules.I have been wanting to do this to a bike.After talkin to a Rep for them,they agreed happily to let me do it.Pics to come..
LINE_X_logo_on_truck.gif

strangeframe said:
Thanks Jon,you are partly to blame for this illness :) .......O.K. This week im goin to Line X.Bulletproof spray on bed liners.Lucky for me i get to apply the coating to my project.Hope that is within the rules.I have been wanting to do this to a bike.After talkin to a Rep for them,they agreed happily to let me do it.Pics to come..
LINE_X_logo_on_truck.gif
All the rules say is that the paint must be builder applied, no mention of what you apply your paint with! My father in-law is going to let me paint using his sprayer. I actually wondered what a bike in line-x would look like too, i'll be keeping up on this build.

Back