dbs bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have info on this bike? i know they come from norway. are they rare. I think its a super cool bike. I have a chance to buy it. But dont know what a fair price to pay is. they are asking 120. is that fair?
download20110824102743.jpg

I bought one like that but in much worse shape. F&S 3speed Coaster Brake Hub, Front drum brake and some other cool parts. The biggest draw back is the tire sizing. It is a 650b (584mm)- 26x 1-1/2". Availibility is better than it used to be. The price at $120 could be high depending what you want to do with it and if the tires are in good shape.

A couple of threads here at RRB
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25432
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20077
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15812

From what I found else where regarding tire size.
As a Norwegian with some experience restoring these commuters, I can say that ANY and ALL 26" rims on an Øglænd bike of this vintage (late 60s) will have an ERTRO diameter of 584 mm. The company was called Øglænd and DBS was their flagship.

In the catalogue, 26 x 1 5/8 x 1 1/2 would be called "half-balloon". A 44-584-tire should fit like a glove. If the fork and chainstays are more than 6 cm wide right above the rims, you could fit a 54-584 tire there. I use CST white-walls for that, and it looks just right. This kind of frame was built in two versions: One with narrow fork and chainstays for 28" rims, one wide for 26" rims

That's a nice looking bike..... of about the same quality as an older Raliegh 3 speed. The price seems about what i'd pay for such a bike. If it were in my town, I'd probably buy it.

I would be careful about the tire sizes, as mentioned above. Harris cyclery has a complete chart of tire sizes, so determining the right ones and interchangability should not be a big deal.

thanks guys im going to buy it. i will get more pics up tomorrow. anything else anyone knows about it would be great also.

Back