Decals or Airbrush artist?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I just purchased an electra straight 8. I am changing a few parts but also want to add flames, starting around the front of the 8 ball and coming down the post. I am in the NYC area, which is not very custom bike friendly, I am finding. Can anyone recommend a source for high quality flame decals for a bike, not just cheap looking stickers. (I bought the sheet set from electra but was not happy with the way they look)
Also, does anyone know any airbrush artist in the NYC area that paint bikes? If so what would you recommend, airbrush (which maybe out of my price range) or decals, as I can replace if bike takes a hit?

Thanks

Hey Dincanta, decals will always look like decals. Peel and stick decals dont lay as smooth as a water-slide decal (think like in a model kit) You could buy a kit for your computers printer and try making your own if you want. I was too cheap, and just used regular paper and clear coat to do this sprocket for my sons bike.
done8.jpg

I googled airbrush artists in nyc and came up with this page full of listings (wayyy more choices than we have here :roll: )
http://www.partypop.com/categories/Airbrush_Artists/New_York_City.htm
Shop around man, have fun, and dont forget to post pics!
Rick

Latest posts

Back