Decisions...Updated

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed the seat out for a more comfortable one since my rides are about 20-30miles round trip. Got rid of the red chain added a chrome one, cut the forks another 3/4 inch.

hidadmom1004.jpg

hidadmom1014.jpg

Re: Decisions...

i like it :mrgreen:
one thing id change*disclaimer: this is just my opinion. so take it or leave it :wink: * would be to drop the fork down until youve got 3/16" of clearance between the bottom of the crown and tire

i dig the tank decal. i too would lower the fork down alla slammed, drop the seat down a lot more add a light behind the seat to help take up the gap between the seat and frame (felts are long in this area) and maybe get someone to pinstripe it. oh and if it is a 3 speed come up with some sort of suicide shifter

I dont' know if dropping the forks will look good. It may go too low as those dropouts stick out a ways. If you look the chainstays they are fairly level as they should be.

I think the bike looks good. Decals could stay or go.

id chop the forks too. those pedals are too pretty, they need character. :wink: and you could sand the decals off, mask it, paint the offended area black, un mask it, clear that area, then rub it out to match the rest of the bike.

Get rid of the pedals, slam the seat to the frame and move it back a bit. The rest is great. Just my opinion. We all have one, huh.

Drop the headlight a touch, add the rear light, ditch the pedals and throw a pair of clubman-style cafe bars or some clip-ons on there.

Put the handlebars on the way they are supposed to go and ditch the chain for a chrome one. Maybe add a couple of stubby fenders that are no longer than 6".

Latest posts

Back