Decorative Axle Ends

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my axle's front and back stick out a bit, and instead of cutting them off or just leaving them I want to finish it off so it has a clean look to it. I'm looking for a fancy axle nut that covers the axle. Basically a valve stem cap but for you axle's.

Has anyone seen anything like this these for bikes?

I have seen them for motorcycles, they look like this.
DSC00883.jpg

If anyone knows where to purchase or if I'm hooped and will have to get a bunch custom machined to my own specs.
Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Google "pikenuts". You'll see lots of sources for them in various sizes and pitches.

I made my own. :D A little too ratty for the application probably... the hollow spikes are from the ends of some junk badminton poles, welded right on to the axle nuts. :lol: :lol: :lol: Eventually I'm going to weld the tips up and file them off alternately so much that the points will be sharp. 8)

f9qeqd.jpg

2m780fl.jpg

You could go stock with some decorative Monark axle nuts?

spdoc7.jpg

I used to keep a couple of actual valve caps on my front axle. Obviously that won't work on the back or full size fronts. Almost any size nut can be found in acorn style if you look far and wide enough.

Back