Der motorroller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's German for "The motorscooter". This is a May 75 Schwinn Varsity with a 24" frame running 26" wheels and 26x2.125 tires. I was going to make my own tank, but after setting this one in place, I think I'll use it. The tank, frame, and forks will be black. I'm not sure if I'll paint the wheels, or leave them chrome. It'll have the coaster brake in the back, and the hand brake in the front. I might use the rear hand brake too, and control it from the same brake lever as the front, I'll have to think about that. I'm excited to finish it and ride it. I'm not sure about the seat, I have other options to try. Dean
What I started with, a $5.00 Schwinn Varsity,
100_1108.jpg

Engine donor, was a real deathtrap,
100_0827.jpg

Mock up,
100_1131.jpg

100_1132.jpg

100_1133.jpg

That last shot reminds me of a different time. I'd love to be in that shot and gas up at that old pump (I know it's just for show) and take off across that endless field. Pure poetry. :wink:

sensor said:
off to a great start :mrgreen:
only thing id change would be that tank :x (nothing against it other than those things never look good on anything!)
I know what you mean, but I'm going to see what it looks like once everything is painted black. I can still make something else. Dean

That turned out to be a very cool bike.
And the scenery is absolute awesome, thats why you should go for another tank,
something like this berhaps?(downsized to fit the bike better)
30aykhx.jpg

And , I really mean, rusted and dented like that.
Then it would fit right in to the scenery, like u pulled it out of a pile of stuff you had laying around at the back,
or something like that. :D

Cool build(had to say it again).

Motorroller ? .... Well roll me in the mud an call me dirty .

I kinda gots to the thinkin that were one em newfangled no wire telephones or somethin like that .
You know , one of them cellophane thingys .
Billy Bob down the road has one of dem DER Nokia,s

Man the original chain ring is almost big enough , you coulda slapped on a 16inch tire and made a unicycle out of it .

Back