Derailleur issue.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I need to find out where I can get one of these old cheapy sis shimano derailleurs for cheap. The one on my dads bike has a toasted bottom "sprocket" (top one in the pic). It has alot of play along with getting hung up and being out of round, (i guess there is a bearing in the center) This is causing the chain to get slightly bound up right there. I looked on ebay, but didnt see this style. Also didnt find much on google. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Photo0791.jpg

I'd head to the LBS and ask for a take off,or check Pawn shops...I have bought tons of complete bikes for $20-30. 8)

maybe the easiest is actually walmart.com. lots of stuff under bike accesories you never see in the store. like said above, thrift stores would be the cheapest, and you get the rest of the bike for parts. cant never have too many parts. 8)

=p there was a guy at the flea with 2 big bins of derailleur pulls for a dolllar a piece. I bought 3 but none of those... he had them though.. do you care of its the same model/color?

I dont care about the model or anything. As long as it works. I dont know anything about derailleurs, so I wasnt sure if I needed the exact same kind to replace it with or what. Wasnt sure what I could swap it with. The whole thing is kinda tweaked.

No bike or thrift shop within 35 or so miles either. so that kinda sucks.

OK I got this one, it dont look so good but came off a costco bike that got hit by a forklift , i dont think it ever got rode, just been hangin around out back. a little grease and you'll be in business!. :roll:

it wont fit in a small flat rate box so how about you pay for shipping and its yours?

IMG_20101214_163405.jpg

They are about $15-20 new.

I don't think this style has removeable pulleys though. I think it's actually a rivet that looks like a bolt. There are also no bearings in these. They are just basic derailleurs.

A replacement would be the Shimano Tourney SIS.

J&B part #26221 You LBS should have them or they can order them from this supplier.

http://www.jbimporters.com/web/checking ... mber=26221

Otherwise just about any bolt on rear der will work if you set the limits right.

Here's a how-to. It's probably just out of adjustment.

http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-hel ... derailleur

Most of the lower end pulleys have play. It's not a big deal. If it's getting hung up, chances are you have a tight link. Try back pedaling the cranks real slow. If it hangs up, check and see if there is a tight link.

Scrum, you rule man. I wonder how much shipping would be? Beau it definitely needs more than adjusting. the wheel is out of round and it looks like the bearing or w/e is in the center of it is toast. I will let my dad know about your offer Scrum, and keep you updated boss.

i have one identical to your dads, however it came in pieces in the bottom of a box i rescued from the dumpster. the pulley wheels are all kinds of messed up, so this must be a common problem. i mention this so you know to keep a good eye on them, maybe grease em more often than normal.

nevermind. Found the correct one. Scrum I will just get this brand new one and see how it goes. I appreciate the offer though boss. Glad to see a friendly forum.

Yeah, the picture you posted is the style that bolts on to the dropout. They are on the really cheap bikes.

Porkwagon said:
nevermind. Found the correct one. Scrum I will just get this brand new one and see how it goes. I appreciate the offer though boss. Glad to see a friendly forum.

OK good luck!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back