"designer" rat rod???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless I am missing something that is just a Felt Cruiser. The crank is Felt and the frame looks like a dead on match. Chainguard too for that matter. :roll:

The 1903 has an aluminum frame slightly different looks, here's a felt steel frame to comapre the uh, ahem "designer bike", just a touch more lift from the triple clamp fork but otherwise ....

SVC0800_BLK_L.jpg

8976.png

[rant mode] This is the exact same sort of idiocy that Harley Davidson is pandering- the factory-built bobber like their Nightster or Night Train or Night Sweats or whatever they call it. For a mere $15K you too can have a bike that was made to look like you threw it together out of junker parts stolen from your neighbor's back yard.

The whole concept is ludicrous. I can see the ad copy now: "Too busy or too lame to build a bike of your own? Let us build a carefully crafted bike that's been thoroughly planned by our design department to meet all those tough criteria needed to give you street cred, while all you have to do is open your wallet and bend over while we put the finishing touches on your custom, hand-built special".

Reminds me of those antique car "buffs" screaming into their cell phones at their builders: "Bob, you gotta come down to the show RIGHT NOW!!! Concourse judging starts in 5 minutes and the dash clock isn't working! If I miss out on a trophy you'll never get another nickel from me!!". Turns out the drama over the non-working dash clock is because the owner (who has nothing to do with the restoration, other than writing a pile of checks) doesn't know that the clock has to be mechanically wound up in order for it to work.

I could go on all night, but you get the idea...
[/rant mode]

Old Putz

You know it's gotta cost giga dollars, this looks better, and probably costs much less, Felt El Guapo.

8981.png

I kinda like that black on black on black look. No need to mask anything off, just take a bike out to the drive way with a can of rustolium and spray away!

For the record, i do NOT want one... i instantly thought "felt" when i saw it.
I just found it humorous to see a "rat rod bike" being marketed by an uppity shirt company...
Maybe its time for us to cash in???? :lol:

Old Putz said:
Reminds me of those antique car "buffs" screaming into their cell phones at their builders: "Bob, you gotta come down to the show RIGHT NOW!!! Concourse judging starts in 5 minutes and the dash clock isn't working! If I miss out on a trophy you'll never get another nickel from me!!". Turns out the drama over the non-working dash clock is because the owner (who has nothing to do with the restoration, other than writing a pile of checks) doesn't know that the clock has to be mechanically wound up in order for it to work.
I use to build streetrods and had the same opinion of the people who bought them finished and then stood around at the shows explaining how they did what to what during the build. Then one guy told me a really realistic fact . He said he couldnt build anything but a large bank account. I'm pretty sure the Jay Leno wont be laying around out in the shop under a Dussenberg ,but he has one of the best collections in the world. Thank God for people with money that want stuff and cant build it. It make our stuff a whole lot more sellable. :wink: :lol:

Jay Leno does work on his cars, he's a hands on guy, knows alot about all of his cars, although he admits he's in the more money than brains club.

Back