Detroit Autorama

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this from BicycleDon at Petri & Sons:

With the Hoilday comming it is time to dust off the bike and get ready for the 2010 show season. Al Petri Bikes will once again be hosting the best show of the year at the Detroit Autorama. This is your chance to not only be with the country's best bikes but the hottest hotrods. Entry forms will be up soon at Petribikes.com. Save the date Feb 26 to 28. Come to Detroit, Stay walking distance from the show at one of Downtown Detroits fine hotels.

Here's the website:
http://petribikes.com/

Scroll down their page and you'll see the "forms" link

I thought about entering that, but I don't think my bike is nice enough..It's nice enough to ride around local car shows and such, but not Autorama.

I know that there are gonna be a few new guys showing at the Autorama this year, so I though we could all benefit from a few suggestions from the "old guys".

I've got a few that I feel are very adventageous for anyone who's showing their bikes, so I'll start ....

1. Make sure that you're bike is ridable and show pictures of you riding it in your displays.
2. Be there as much as possible to represent your bike and answer questions about it.
3. Find out who and when the judges will be by and be there to introduce yourselfs, answer questions and show them pics of the building of your bike.
4. If you belong to a club, help promote it! Same way with the messageboards that you hang out on.
We get as much interests from the showgoers about our rides as we do our bikes. We also gain a few board members that we've met at the shows. And we get invited to many other events!
5. try to get along with the other guys showing their bikes, they can be your best friends if someone tries to mess with your bike and you're not there! Many of the guys we've met also help each other in the disassembly of their displays.

Bottomline ....
After a long weekend you want to leave with a whole bunch of new friends and not a bunch of enemies!

Please feel free to comment on my suggestions and definitely add any of your own. These are meant to help all of us to have an enjoyable weekend!

ill be there! ill finish up butcher and bring out big red and butcher. :D cant wait. i think butcher is more of a show bike, but my goal is to get it rideable. did you see my post on it? got a camera for christmas.
SANY0003.jpg
:mrgreen:

cant wait to get it done! the only thing stopping me is finding a much stiffer spring and fixing that three speed hub.

Hey! Any of you that are planning on entering a bike this year try to get ahold of Don and Deb and let them know your intentions. It gets kinda hectic for them this time of year and it might ease them if they got a rough idea of how many guys are gonna bring bikes. Also don't forget about getting your entry fee and bike info to them by the deadline!

Also when entering, if you'd like to be affiliated with the FBN, put the words FreakBike on your form so they know how many are in our group (think possible club trophy). Deb is gonna also try to keep all the FreakBikes in the same area.

BicycleDon is a member of this board, but he doesn't get on here to much.
Here's a link to their website it has phone numbers and email addresses. Use the Lincoln Park store ones. That the main store and Deb or Don are always there.
http://petribikes.com/

Looks like I'll be bringin the skelebike down again this year. Iv'e had alot of co-workers and friends request that I bring it down... so here we come. Chainsaw, I'd be honored to put it in the freakbikes display. I think it kinda belongs there anyway cause it is somewhat freakish. i just wish I had something new to show this year. Hmmmm maybe I will have to see if theres something I can change on it. We'll seee.
DSC01545.jpg

Tommy, it would be an honor to have that creepy little bike represent us! Sounds like we're gopnna have a great group this year! If you get a chance go down and check out Bicycle Don's new bike at the store. It's a pretty neat cruiser!

So how many days do you think it would take you to REALLY look at everything in that room? I figure three days of 12 hour shifts. But that only because I probably would bypass the boxes marked Stingray.

Some of the Freaks have been talking about doing our own Autorama build off. Nothing too elaborate, just to give everyone an idea of how some of the bikes got built and how they came to be. Looks to be fun.
http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... f=6&t=2613

Yeah one might start having seizures or anxiety attacks if you had to look through all that stuff in 3 days. Count me in on that Detroit build off. That'll be cool to represent the freakers and the ratrods all in one show. Im not showing my cards till we get there though. :D And Im going to need a few stickers too.

I will be there with the DETROIT DOUBLE DIAMOND. Hope to see a lot of you there even if you do not enter a bike.

Back