Detroit Autorama

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Detroit Autorama
March 7,8,9,

Anyone in or around Detroit should enter a bike and come on down to have some fun! It's ran by Don and Deb of Petri & Sons Bike Shop. Everyone talks about getting their bikes out there and promoting our hobby, so now here's your chance! There's also a few custom cars that show, or so I've heard! :lol:

So here's where to go and sign up ....
http://petribikes.com/Detroit.pdf

Come on guys and gals!

As I remember there are several members from D-Town on this board, its time to show whatcha got. Hey Ricky, you and your dad like cars and bikes, polish up that purty one you have and show your face :lol: . Its going to be a good time down there and it will be cool to meet some of you...Kelly

Hey,
Nice to have you guys talking about me, as long as it's good. Detroit Autorama is a blast. 3 solid days of Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Bicycles, Anmd Toyarama. Come hang out with Bicycledon and his lovely wife Debbie, show your stuff or just stop by and say HI. I will get some pics up on myspace. myspace.com/bicycledon By the way, who else has a myspace? I will bring lots of stuff to sell, need anything special please let me know before hand.
peace,
Bicycledon
PS, now get back out th the garage and finish that bike

P.B. bring your bikes and enjoy the weekend! The entry fee more than pays for itself and who knows what class you might be in. Don and Deb seem to have something for everyone's taste. The Rat Rod car guys will slobber over anything this board has to offer! Those lowrider guys need to see what else the bicycle has to offer. 8)
Looking forward to meeting you!
Chainsaw

Huh,it seems like a good deal,however my ol'Shelby flyer is pretty rough and my boys 24' Murray is even worse,do you think they'll have us?We'd probably throw the bent springer on the Murray and I have some giant apes for the Shelby.Oh and I believe we spoke last year at Saline,tho we wern't properly introduced.

I'm sure they would love to have your bikes, they figure classes there depending on whay types of bikes show up, if you have somthing unique they will create new classes. Heres a link to the info http://www.petribikes.com/Detroit.pdf . For the cost you get two 3 day passes, I found that it was really nice to go through the car show casually rather than show up for an afternoon and rush through, trying to see everything, it was well worth my money. Hope to see ya there...Kelly

P.B.Army said:
Huh,it seems like a good deal,however my ol'Shelby flyer is pretty rough and my boys 24' Murray is even worse,do you think they'll have us?We'd probably throw the bent springer on the Murray and I have some giant apes for the Shelby.Oh and I believe we spoke last year at Saline,tho we wern't properly introduced.

Don has a bike that he was thinking of bringing that has been sitting outside in the snow for a couple of years now. He was trying to get a nice rust job on it.

It would be fun to see your bike in the show!!!!

"If you bringit .... They will drool! We need some rats! Like Kelly said, with the passes you can really enjoy the show. But don't let him fool ya, it was more about seeing what the hot girls were wearing each day, :lol: but I do remember there being some heavily painted chunks of metal sitting around the show. :mrgreen:
So come on out and we'll have a ball!

I know we met so many people in Saline last year, it's ashame that it's not the whol weekend. You know, if you come out the night before, you can camp out and join in on the "Outlaw" Pixie racing! We're think about doing REAL Pinks-type racing! Lose the race, Lose your Pixie!

But try to make it to Detroit! 8)

O.K. guys and gals, the time is thinning down on getting your bike entered into the show! Today is the deadline, but you may be able to sweet talk Bicycle Deb into letting you enter. They need to know asap so that they can make the most of their alotted space, as well as setting up the different classes and getting prizes!
ALL CUSTOMS WELCOMED! Any thing from rusty,crusty rats to fully fabbed, professionally painted choppers! So you guys just gonna sit back and let the lowriders dominate the show? Come on and enter!
http://petribikes.com/Detroit.pdf

Just so you guys know .....
a vintage BMX class has been added!

This thing is really becoming international, quite a few Canadians are crossing the border and we've got FreakBikers coming in from several states!

Be sure to come out and meet many of the guys and gals from this and many of the other "bike" boards!

BicycleDon has been getting last minute entries as of this past saturday.

This Friday is the event.
Can't wait to see all you michigan people coming by or even entered into this contest.

Who all from here is planning on going to the Autorama. The last I heard, Bicycle Don was saying that there are 60+ bikes signed up and over 1000 cars. Catchy'all there...Kelly

Hey Kelly, I'm gonna try to make it down there! We got company coming in from some little hick town up north, but I think I can coax him into going to Autorama that weekend. :mrgreen: Otherwise, I'll leave him alone with the cat! :shock:

Cool, be good to see ya again Lefty. I'll get Chainsaw to fire up the grill and do up some dogs :lol: ...Kelly

Yeah I know, this winter has been a killer for me as I have no way to work on any of my bikes this time of the year. It'll be good to see you guys too, and see everyone elses work. Hot dogs are one of the five main food groups right? Atleast that is what my kids think, lol.

See ya around,
Lefty

Well we are home for the night. Had ice cream and uploaded the pictures that I took of the display.

Check here pics.
http://forum1.freakbikenati on.com...p?p=2108 #2108

Great to see you again Lefty.

P.B. army looking forward to meeting you.

Back