Deven's Fresh Find, With a Story

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
First up is some cool old exercise bike parts that I bought for cheap. Beefy 1" bars and stem, and a chrome seat pan the size of a John Deere tractor seat.

IMG_0918.jpg

Next bike has a story. I had acquired a WCC bike in a trade a couple of years ago, and last year I lengthened the rear drops so that I could put 26" tires on it. I then put some homemade apehangers on it, and gave it to my then 15 year old to ride. A few months ago, my by then 16 year old came home to say that the bike had been stolen. I later found out that he had sold it for drugs. It's been a huge struggle, and as of now, he's living with his mother in Kansas for the first time in his life, and we're not speaking to each other.

Without getting in too deep to the sob story, I had a bicycle yard sale this weekend, and as I was chatting up a customer, we came upon the fact that she was now in possession of that chopper! She ended up selling it to me for what she bought it for (she did not buy it from my son, but from another person. Apparently, that bike has made the rounds in the last few months). It is tore up, badly, handlebars broken, seat broken off, tires flat, rusty, paint chipped up, but I now have this bike back, which makes for a strange story.

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

Exercise bike was worth it for them grips. also, that poor bike, looks like it's had a hard life now lol

Loving the WCC..sorry about what your going through..kinda know what your going through....going to restore it ?? I have 3 of them...an "all original"..a mild repaint...and a stretch...Fun riders.

Latest posts

Back