Diamond Back MTB - looking for a part

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too long ago I bought this Diamond Back MTB at a garage sale.
I didn't check it out too well before I handed the lady a few $.
She was kind of ticked at her son for taking things apart and losing the parts.
Said she paid $400.00 for it new. huh?? anyway.

image2518.jpg

image2519.jpg

I figured I could replace a few parts and flip it.
What I missed is that parts of the rear suspension pivot are gone, especially one of the chrome bushings.
Anyone happen to have that bushing, and maybe some other pieces that I'm not seeing?
PM me with a price if you do. Thanks!

image2520.jpg

image2521.jpg

I have a Huffy with that same joint. I wouldn't mind parting out. Also just scrapped one that had that same thing. I'll go out and look to see if it's what you need.

Keep in mind that not all of the pivot bushings are the same size.I have encountered at least four diff. sizes.Might be good to get some measurements.I might be able to help you out.
-Kreep-

I looked and mine is a different style all together. I'll keep my eyes open around the scrapyard for you though, I find FS bikes all the time.

thanks for looking guys, good point kreep. I'll get some measurments tonight and get back on here.

I could also use the top disk and center bolt for the threadless head set stem.
I know I can buy a new head set cheaply, but if we get together on the bushing, might as well consider this also.

I've never had one of these pivots apart, does it have a special bolt that goes thru the bushings? Hope this is not too many questions. :D

Thanks much!

the outside diameter of the silver bushing is 25 mm. and the inside diameter of the hole in the frame is 19 mm.

The bushing looks to be about 1 inch deep.

thanks!

good idea Walker, but I could not find anything on their web site for parts.

it seems to be an Octane FS. 24 in. tires.

Kreep, wondering if you had a chance to look for the part?

I AM NOT in a hurry. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back