Diamond frame finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I was out scouring the local hard rubbish (kerbside collection? council cleanup? so many names, so much fun) when I spotted this old warhorse. It initially only attracted me thanks to it's 22" wheels, a rarity I try ti hold on to when I find them. But the frame has sucked me in to it's shabby glory, and will soon be my single speed steed; build thread to follow.

Details:
IMG_04481.jpg

The bike as found. Note gnarly white trash conversion to children's bike. 22" wheels, tiny cranks and -
IMG_04501.jpg
a tricycle seat bolted through the seat tube. Nice.
IMG_04511.jpg
Sweet TMNT stickers might stay

This next bike actually cost me some cash from a garage sale. I actually had an old path racer frame ages ago, but in a big cleanup I GAVE it to a collector guy to make some room for the muscle bikes I was into at the time. Bugger 20/20 hindsight... And to think that I actually used to leave these kinds of frames sitting on the hard rubbish piles. I wonder how many are Hyundais now? Anywho, this was $25 from a garage sale, and has already done a 30km public ride on an unopened freeway extension. The shifter cable snapped, and left me with only high gear, and the seat is crap, but this will be left in it's sweet patina'd livery.

IMG_04551.jpg
Pretty sure the 27" wheels aren't original, and I know the seat isn't.
IMG_04571.jpg
No idea as to the manufacture, apart from this headtube decal -
IMG_04581.jpg
and this seat-tube decal.
IMG_04631.jpg
Fastback seat stays bolt on to the top of the drop outs.
IMG_04611.jpg
And it's covered in real honest-to-god hand pinstriping.

Latest posts

Back