Dicta single speed freewheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have good experience with Dicta freewheels?

I broke my fw on my Porto tryke and ordered a Dicta replacement on Ebay. Seems like all fws are China made unless you spend big bucks on a White that are 75.00 or more. I ran my tryke in a ditch flying down a hill bent the axle slightly throw me over the bars. Destroyed my freewheel trying to get the hub off the axle. Hub was frozen solid. Had to send tryke to the machine shop to remove the hub and straighten the axle.All of this happened because the wife wanted a loaf of bread from the store.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I usually buy Dicta's, all the ones I have seen come from Taiwan, so I trust them more than a China made example.

I have been throw over the bars twice by cheap freewheels breaking, never had a Dicta break on me yet!

Dictas are cheap and have low engagement, but they are pretty reliable as far as cheapie freewheels go. Profile Racing makes a high-buck, crazy-engagement freewheel called the Nomad to compete with White Industries, if you wanna buy US-made freewheels. ( http://www.profileracing.com/product/elite-freewheel/ ) I love White freewheels, and i'd love to try the Profile nomad, but I usually run ACS Crossfire freewheels. They make'm in a few flavors, with nicer pricier ones with 6pt engagement, and cheaper, 12 pt versions. BITD l used to run ACS Claw freewheels, they were a nice mix of cheap and reliable.... but every guy my age ran Dicta freewheels as a kid....

I broke the factory fw pounding on it to try and slide the adaptor off the axle. Never seen one frozen like that. Machine shop charging 25.00 to straighten axle and remove adaptor. 11 bucks for a Dicta fw and 1.19 for the loaf of bread plus pain and suffering. Most expensive loaf of bread ever. Note to self ADJUST BRAKES BEFORE RIDING AGAIN.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Back