did I blow it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
passed on this at the flea market this morning, had the wrong rear wheel and the fenders were pretty bent up. guy wouldn't go lower than $80. did I blow it by not grabbing it? :cry:

IMG_20110109_090543.jpg

Depends, how often do these come up for sale in your area? We don't even have flea markets in my world, so I would have jumped on it. Go back and get it, you can always flip it 'American Pickers' style for $250 on eBay! :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Dr. T

Metal Militia said:
i wouldn't say you blew it, but i would have brought it home with me. early 70's, original black paint. nice 8)

x2. I would want it, but I can't help myself. That aside, I think it's worth grabbing if you like it.

$80 is fair but not screaming deal to me, I'd have passed on it. Now if I saw it at the scrapyard for $5 I'd have dug all day to get it out of there.

I would have balked at a hundred. Thing is a year later I would be stoked with the deal I got.

How "wrong" was the rear wheel? Incorrect, unmatched rim? Wrong spokes for a Hevi? Even here in the midwest where old bikes can be found if the rear wheel had been correct I'd have jumped on it.

No old cruisers where I live :cry: . We have to pay $99 for a junk chinese cruiser (OK, the frames are alright, but the components are junk) from the chain stores here in Oz........I'd pay $200 for this if it was in my hometown.

Tailwinds said:
How "wrong" was the rear wheel? Incorrect, unmatched rim? Wrong spokes for a Hevi? Even here in the midwest where old bikes can be found if the rear wheel had been correct I'd have jumped on it.

looked to be a newer chinese huffy rear wheel , nothing right about it...

Normally I buy anything old schwinn if its reasonable, I just looked at that one and just kept thinking about at least $60 for the right wheel on top of seat/grips/tires/chain and maybe fenders and I just wasn't seeing the dollar signs... :roll:

well being that in our area these are getting really hard to find i would have jumped at it if i had the extra cash no questions. but if you already have a ton of bikes i can see why you would pass. dont feel bad if you did

scrumblero said:
Tailwinds said:

looked to be a newer chinese huffy rear wheel , nothing right about it...

Normally I buy anything old schwinn if its reasonable, I just looked at that one and just kept thinking about at least $60 for the right wheel on top of seat/grips/tires/chain and maybe fenders and I just wasn't seeing the dollar signs... :roll:
It will probably be there again , and then offer $40

If it would have had the original rear wheel I'd have got it for the full $80, but the way it sits I'd have offered $50 and went up to $60. It does have nice paint though.

Latest posts

Back