Didn't know there was such a thing...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, a little about my self and recent events: I'm into old time stuff, crosscut saws, foot adze, lots of stuff; one of the last guys to still make a living doing hand lettering. (Your site banner is awesome!) Sort of like Amish with computers, or a Cowboy movie with laptops. I wanted to ride a bicycle with the kids, figured a high wheeler would go well with my derby hat. But that's not quite obtainable right now, besides, getting down from one has got to be challenging. So I looked at old bikes on line, and decided to modify one to look old. I made a page about it http://www.donahuesignarts.com/?q=node/215 The box is to carry the 3 year old. I called it rat rod bicycle, not having a clue others were into it already.
A few days ago, another sign shop gives me a steep discount on an order I placed. Driving down the road with 40 bucks I hadn't planned on; decided to drop into a local bicycle shop I've driven by literally hundreds of times, to see about a reduced size sprocket for the bike I put together. I walk in, and the guy running the place is the first guy that I did a rat rod truck for. We start talking bikes, he lets me check out the Penny Farthing in the basement. Then he shows me a bike they acquired, he wants me to do the same faded looking kind of lettering on it. Really cool old thing, called a "Sky Ray". Has this squarish 'tank' on it, and embossed body lines on the chain guard, which covers a huge front sprocket. He said he couldn't find info on it, so I went online, ended up here. Had no idea people were into rat rod bikes. This looks really cool.
Jim.

Back