DIY GoPro bike mount.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made this GoPro mount today using a bottle cage I had laying around and some zip ties.
nkur.jpg
7lgd.jpg
j59o.jpg
qp3u.jpg
wcdt.jpg
c5q9.jpg
4r27.jpg
e1fa.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics. I'm new to posting pics using my phone.

Other alternative is to buy the $20 bike mount from gopro.

Yeah it's pretty stable. I will be buying a mount eventually but for now this will do.
How do you attach that Pedco? Seems like it's a clamp style so how would I attach to my handle bars?

Yeah it's pretty stable. I will be buying a mount eventually but for now this will do.
How do you attach that Pedco? Seems like it's a clamp style so how would I attach to my handle bars?

Look back at the ad. the extra pictures show it clamped to all sorts of stuff. I have the small throat clamp one and I clamp mine to handlebars, forks, almost any tube on the bicycle to get all kinds of views. You can turn the camera in all kinds of directions with the ball clamp part. You will of course need the GoPro tripod adapter (about $7).

Here's an old video where I had it clamped all over my Beast, even on the forks looking thru the spokes at my brother riding by.

Would love to see some of your GoPro riding videos! Love your Fixie Bike!

Last edited:
Okay yeah I went back and checked out the other pics.

Nice video. Cool how you let those kids try out your beast.

I just got my gopro so I haven't rode anywhere interesting only around the block.
Can you give me any tips on the video settings you use, or any advice really is welcomed.

Not sure I'm the best source for tips and tricks. I'd advise reading gp forums for ideas, just like reading this one for bike stuff. Good that you got the H3 Black. I got my H2 right before the new ones came out. Oh well...... Try out all the settings with some short clips and take a look at them to decide what you want to use. I will say that for bike riding video, I personally prefer the medium or narrow view to avoid the fisheye look, curved trees and all. Also the faster the action the more FPS (frames per second) you will probably want, especially if you want to edit in any slow motion. I wish my H2 had the 720/120 setting like yours does. You can record at 1080, but if your goal is to post utube or vimeo online, they both compress your vid to 720 or lower automatically. Finally, any solid mount on your bike will result in shakey vids. You can help it slightly by running low air pressure in your tires. You will want to look into software with stabilization to clean up the jerkies. utube stabilazation pretty much sucks, better to do it in an editor of some kind before you produce the movie. What you saw in my movie was all stabilized with vReveal. But, vReveal is no longer available. Others are out there.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I will be checking out some gp forums I never made videos before so I need all the help I can get.

Thank you much. For your help.
Happy riding!

Latest posts

Back