Don from Petri and Sons Bike Shop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don VanCleave (some of you might know him as Don Petri, his wife Debbie is the Petri) of Petri and Sons Bicycle Shop in Lincoln Park (near Detroit).

We found this out about Don this evening.

Don has been in hospital since Last Friday night (11-11-11), started with extreme blood pressure and kidney failure, they have found an very large mass that now looks like bowel cancer that has spread to kidneys, extreme bladder spasms that are extremely painful.

Since getting this message from Debbie they have found out from the biopsy results.

This is what we know so far.
The report shows a very Rare bladder cancer, only 2% of this type, very fast growing, very aggressive, they think he has probably had this for only weeks. It doesn't respond to chemo or radiation well, only real hope is surgery.
Cancer is in bladder and has spread to a large mass in pelvic area, needs to have entire bladder removed as well as prostrate and get tumor out of pelvis.
This is a Very dangerous difficult surgery, they have to find a surgeon willing to do the surgery.

Please take the time to think and hope/pray that everything will work out for Don & Debbie. They really need your support right now.

Would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks very much.
Chainsaw and Giggles

We will try to keep the Detroit area Bicycle Community posted as we find out more. I will try to keep this thread updated as much as possible, but the FBN thread will be the first posted.
http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... 243#p35243

That is very upsetting to hear. Although Don doesn't know me personally, I make a point of saying hi to him and Deb at the Detroit Autorama every year I'm there. I'll be praying for him.

Back