Done DONE!!!! Capt. America's Zenith Fastback!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added a flange to the pvc cap because I just wanted to try something a little different. The flange is simply a modified closet rod bracket. I had to split it and stretch it some to fit over the cap, but it works.

IMG_1947.JPG

As you can see, I added a blue star, just for fun.

IMG_1948.JPG

Then I took a piece of flat aluminum and cut out my shifter design.

IMG_1949.JPG

I actually polished this piece up, but I decided that it would look better painted to match the bike. So, I scuffed it, put some etching primer on it and then painted it.

IMG_1950.JPG

And here it is installed and complete.

IMG_1952.JPG

O.K., I took out for a ride and love it even more. The Lepper saddle is wonderful! I will probably try and get some better pictures posted soon. And, I do plan to make up a handlebar mounted drink holder, as I expect to do alot of cruising with this bike! Anyway, here is the finished bike.

IMG_1954.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

Just gets better and better.
Awesome shifter mod. There is a thread for custom shifter somewhere in the "Show Me Your" section. You should add your how to over there.
Bike looks incredible and a lot of fun!!
BRAVO!!

Beautiful :43:. I'm getting a real Team America, Captain America, and JI joe vibe with this build, and I love it :41:.

Thanks for following along with this build. As usual, I did have to rush some to meet my deadline. But, I am happy with the results.

Very nice. This could have been a contender in the build off. Unless you have something else up your sleeve for BO11? :whistle:

Heck yeah, if the 3G linkage fork don't sell.....I'll throw it on an X-53 frame and take some pictures by a fountain!!!!! That's a sure winner right there...Hands Down!:21:

Fountains and soup cans rule!

Latest posts

Back