Donkey Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it works great, I like it!

If you can crank out a handful of them, you might have a market with the shriners!
IMG_20111008_104114.jpg

Okay, I have a 12.5" kids bike in the back yard. A 26" big box Mtb junker that can be harvested for a back end and drive train. And I can do the welding at the brewery in the maintenance shop. I may to slap one these together.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Okay, I have a 12.5" kids bike in the back yard. A 26" big box Mtb junker that can be harvested for a back end and drive train. And I can do the welding at the brewery in the maintenance shop. I may to slap one these together.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

It's really fun to ride! I sold this one, but it's so easy to make, and so fun, I may make another one.

It's really fun to ride! I sold this one, but it's so easy to make, and so fun, I may make another one.
As it turns out, the junker is a 24 inch, but it should work out fine. I think it would be easiest to break the welds of the 12.5 and completely remove the top and bottom bars of the 24 inch wheel bike. And shape from there.

It's a pity that the only info I can find out about this type of bike is this thread.
Searching for "donkey bike" on the googalizer seems to only bring up a rental cargo bike service.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As it turns out, the junker is a 24 inch, but it should work out fine. I think it would be easiest to break the welds of the 12.5 and completely remove the top and bottom bars of the 24 inch wheel bike. And shape from there.

It's a pity that the only info I can find out about this type of bike is this thread.
Searching for "donkey bike" on the googalizer seems to only bring up a rental cargo bike service.

It's sporadic, and may be hard to find, but the donkey bike has been discussed quite a bit on the Freakbikers Unite! Facebook page. Some photos of old ones I hadn't seen before, and others trying their hand at building one.

It's sporadic, and may be hard to find, but the donkey bike has been discussed quite a bit on the Freakbikers Unite! Facebook page. Some photos of old ones I hadn't seen before, and others trying their hand at building one.
Do you have a link to that group? My Google fu is weak on the subject

Back