don't have a cool name, but i do have a plan-avenger build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks alittle more like scooby now but the bike remains the same. :)
heres the little man(shae) i painted scooby for.
IMG_0226.jpg

with that outta the way, gonna spend the weekend on the bike (working /riding) turns out most of my plans to work got cancelled.

You've got some artistic skills, for sure!.............But I'm kinda partial to "Great Whites". :lol:

i guess I'm an idiot. I stared at the mural forever and didnt realize it was on a wall til the pic with the kids..

nice build, i have a 24" lugged road bike frame that i just cant figure out with to do with.

KOTA said:
You've got some artistic skills, for sure!.............But I'm kinda partial to "Great Whites". :lol:

i've done foam sharks protruding from the wall for a kids bedroom ( (coming straight at ya and side profiles)
turned out really cool.

naynay said:
i guess I'm an idiot. I stared at the mural forever and didnt realize it was on a wall til the pic with the kids..

nice build, i have a 24" lugged road bike frame that i just cant figure out with to do with.

lol got a link to the lugged 24?
where having a big bash this monday, so between cleaning the house and running errands, i did mange to spend alittle more time on the bike.

i decided to switch to a 20x 1 3/8 to give it more of that cycle truck look. i'm gonna build a custom rack out of oak i have kicking in the basement.(trying incredably hard to keep this build total under $50, perhaps less)
IMG_0242.jpg

i flattened out some copper 45* to give it more of that p-40 tiger shark appeal.
IMG_0248.jpg

gonna shape em and probably hit em with some paint.
IMG_0249.jpg

still haven't decided if/on color/paint.

I like the P41 theme! With the exhaust tips (what material did you use?) and the 'sharkteeth'... It's such a powerful image. I just don't see the smaller tire 'fit' the bike, YET. But this is a fun build to watch. Lots of fun ideas.

And it's great to see other creative stuff other than bikes in your thread. Nice mural. I would've liked to see the kids' first reaction to it.

well nobody showed up to get the avenger and for some reason i just cant get my head around this new build. i think the problem is i really want to modify the frame of the raleigh. i just see a really cool bike hiden in there waiting to break out of its shell.(and frame mods aren't allowed in the bbo) not to mention i think i had my heart set on building the avenger for the build off.

so if the delivery guy shows up, i guess he's outta luck. i'm keeping the avenger and he can have his $50 deposit back. he did say it would be gone by the weekend. maybe he got lost again.lol i'm back to the avenger build. i know, i know i change my mind almost as many times as my underwear. bare with me here. :) its all for the purpose of a ride i'll enjoy.
:lol:

so back to the bolt on rear stays. i also bent the raleigh forks to use for the rest of the bracing. its not even bolted together and it seems rigid enough to ride.
IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

i drilled through the fork stem and used an old axle/axle parts to mount the forks to the rear drop outs.
IMG_0370.jpg

i'll probably build small plates i can bolt to the axle and drop outs to prevent it from shifting under load.
once its closed up it should be tough as nails. besides with such low pedals, its strictly a cruiser. it def ain't no trail bike.lol

i'm going back out side to play. should be a ridable bike by the end of the day.

Back