dont know about bikes but look at what i found:

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went for a ride this morning and saw a yard sale, this is what i found for $5...

0828001025.jpg

it says Open Road, Distributed by Montgomery Ward.
0828001121-1.jpg

ive been looking for a luggage rack for my other bike, so i think i got a good deal cus i got my rack and then some...
0828001133a.jpg

its a 3 speed, everything seems to function, except the tires are flat.
0828001133.jpg

Depending on the brand of hub, the hub alone could be worth up to $50. Good deal for $5 bucks. If you want to part it out on here you could make a few bucks on it, I know people here eat up 3 speed hubs, fenders, seat looks decent, 3 piece crank, exc. if not polish it up and ride the wheels off of it.

outskirtscustoms said:
Depending on the brand of hub, the hub alone could be worth up to $50. Good deal for $5 bucks. If you want to part it out on here you could make a few bucks on it, I know people here eat up 3 speed hubs, fenders, seat looks decent, 3 piece crank, exc. if not polish it up and ride the wheels off of it.

like i said before, i dont know much about bikes, but the hub says, Shimano Japan MI or HI. yea i think i would wanna clean it up and ride it. i got a question, is this a womens bike? does any1 on here ride women's bikes??(if your not a women)

It is a ladies bike. Most guys do not ride them unless they are physically unable to swing their leg over the top bar. Some older riders ride ladies bikes for this reason. If you are going to pirate it for the rack, I'll give you your $5 back + shipping for the shifter, cable and cable clamps. Those are parts I need for my project.

some people ride them anyway, I have a few women's bikes I still ride from time to time but most are custom and I wanted that look.

JLarkin said:
It is a ladies bike. Most guys do not ride them unless they are physically unable to swing their leg over the top bar. Some older riders ride ladies bikes for this reason. If you are going to pirate it for the rack, I'll give you your $5 back + shipping for the shifter, cable and cable clamps. Those are parts I need for my project.
I'm physically able to swing my legs in all kinds of different directions and I have a couple of chick bikes in my quiver; an early '30s Elgin and a '54 Columbia. Sometimes I'll just pull one of them out and tool around the block on it just to show it off, but they really come in handy when you're riding and carrying something unwieldy, like a surfboard, or something similar. When carrying a surfboard it's a whole lot easier to step through the frame once stopped at your destination. And it's always nice to have a few girl's bikes around for when you have guests stop by and you want to go for a ride.

Nice find, by the way! Even after all I said above I'd part it out too! :D

update on this one:

well i gotta say thanks to aLL of you for your feedback.

well this is what i did, i polished up all the chrome, took off all the rust from the wheels, they cleaned up real nice. cleaned up the frame. lubed up the chain,and gave the old tires a breath of life (i put air in them) oh i replaced one of the rubbery things that goes inside the tire in between the inner tube and the rim. then i took it for a spin. it rides supper smooth. i cleaned the hub real good and found its a Shimano 3S,as it reads on the actual hub.

for two days work i feel proud of myself for cleaning up this bike.

as for the future of it, i would like to keep it in 1 piece but im not sure the wife wants me to keep it, due to limited space. maybe it will find its way onto CL...

0831001821.jpg

0831001821b.jpg

0831001823.jpg

so my wife complained all week that i couldnt keep this bike, and she didnt want it.
so i posted it on CL, after 2 flakes, and 2 days later it was SOLD! i think i did good for my first flip
lets just say i made +12X for what i bought it.

Back