Double-Down

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so awesome. Thank You Kingfish for sharing your find.

I didn't know another one existed. They do look a lot alike.

I still ride the Ole Double Down at least once.a.month. she's currently Dark Blue. Had her out to OBC last month for the Saturday Night Ride.

From my research so far, it seems like Paul (Uncle Stretch) was going to stretch a 38 Colson frame he bought from @Hooch, but decided to build his frame from scratch instead and just use the true colson as a reference to clone. He ended up making about 3 to 4 of them.

Love the way yours turned out and glad to hear it being riden. Paul said that Aunt Stretch still rides his first Colson Clone Stretch.

From my research so far, it seems like Paul (Uncle Stretch) was going to stretch a 38 Colson frame he bought from @Hooch, but decided to build his frame from scratch instead and just use the true colson as a reference to clone. He ended up making about 3 to 4 of them.

Love the way yours turned out and glad to hear it being riden. Paul said that Aunt Stretch still rides his first Colson Clone Stretch.
I had modeled a from scratch attempt off of this one, but never got too far passed the life size drawing of it. Sounds like he followed thru.
20211101_154027.jpg

Still planning to make something similar at some point. Will probably be a foot ot two longer to bring the seat and seat stays down below the top of back wheel when I do.

Latest posts

Back