DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a few extra minutes to add some decals that I made. The CalTracs traction bars are a bit more modern than the rest of the dragster, so I waved off the rust, kept the yellow zinc coated rod ends & grade 8 bolts and added the logo for a little more authenticity. The idea is to make it look like a more recent upgrade to an old dragster.

What do you think? Keep it or get rid of it and make it rusty?

100_7479_zpsf860f06d.jpg
Only issue might be how many know what that is? I do

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I totally get the whole "found in Granddads barn and updated to use today" idea, but if you decide to make the traction bars rusty, I reckon making them look like split wishbones would be cool. Like what you'd see on an old hot rod.

0903sr_12_z%2Bhot_rod_frontend%2Bwishbone.jpg

Glen.

I have to agree with Glen's idea. Or, age the CalTracs to match the frame/rest of the bike. Just my personal opinion. This is an awesome build!

It's not a matter of if I sell the tanks, I'm definitely planning to offer them for sale soon. I'm still working out the details with the company that I'm going to partner with for the glass work. These guys do fiberglass work on a daily basis, so they're equipped to make them much better and with better materials than I could on my own. Stay tuned!:)

You have a customer from me when you make them! probably the closest ill get to my favorite bike, the spacelander!

Thanks everyone. I suppose that I could try some mild rust just to see if I like it. I can easily change it back if I don't. As for the wishbone idea, I don't think I'd have time to start over and make something like that. I'll have to stick with what I've got and decide on the finish. Caltracs have been around for enough years to get a little rusty.:)

This weekend wasn't as productive for the bike as I had hoped. I struggled over and over with burning in a screen for the tank graphics. Finally this evening I remixed the emulsion formula and got it to take. I was beginning to consider dropping the idea just for times sake, but now I'm back on track (hopefully) and should be able to print tomorrow if all goes well.

Like some others here, I'm feeling the clock winding down on some of the details!:eek:

Back