Dragster-Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last weekend some friends of mine brought me this trike:

2012-06-07-16.33.52.jpg

I couldn't say "no" (altough my garage is full of bikes, parts and projects)

Okay - the trike won't stay stock for sure.

I took the front wheel from my BMX (because it has a similar design) and slaped a 20x1.5" tire on. In the back I run Electra FattiO tires. Next I cut down a tripple tree fork and build some handlebars from two stems in the fork tubes and a cut MTB handlebar. The saddle was mounted on the rear axle and I built a wheelie bar from a sissybar and a bent fork.

Next on the agenda is: cutting down the seat tube and maybe a slightly longer handlebar and I am ready to roll.

IMG_20120612_070804.jpg

IMG_20120612_070721.jpg

IMG_20120612_070740.jpg

IMG_20120612_070756.jpg

IMG_20120612_070729.jpg

I want friends like yours ! :lol:

Sorcerer

Had to fabricate some new handlebars. The shorter version was out of reach (at least if you have a fat belly like I do ;) ) - these new ones are way better.
Fastened the wheelie bars and gave it a try - unfortunately the trike axle is missing a differential - so in the moment the front wheel leaves the ground I'm getting pulled in the opposite direction of the driven rear wheel. That's not nice. :(

todays progress:

IMG_20120613_213051.jpg

IMG_20120613_213155.jpg

IMG_20120613_213242.jpg

IMG_20120613_213326.jpg

IMG_20120613_213338.jpg

Man this is a buildoff bike!! What are you doing over here?!? Come on to the Show!! Great stuff!! Peace

I have one of these bikes.. ha ha .. yours looks cool .. I pulled mine apart .. was going to use a boys
24 inch JC higs frame and trike it.. just have not go to it yet..

thats a mean build,love the idea of using two stems for the fork tops,gives me an idea for my boys chopper,im not normally into trikes but this is different,I would ride this for sure,colors? since the wheels are white I would go with mat black frame with oldskool pinstriping,nice one bro

thanks for the input.

I just wanted to get it done for the cruise next weekend.

Since it's nearly new there are no imperfections in the paint - so I planed to leave it this way. On the other hand I want an internal gear hub and I NEED a differential. So I'm basically forced to hack and weld here and there and will have to paint it after that.
What about goldflakes over bright orange (almost yellow) plus white & chrome parts? 8)

What a sick build!!!
I have been too busy following all of the BO7 builds, but definitely need to venture back into the rest of the forum too.
BRAVO!!!!

:D smile :D yea thats what I did as read this post, just one more reason why this is the best bike fourm on the net vast cool shxx auhhh stuff

Back