drum brake help!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just found a late 60's Vista Banana, And the front drum brake is messed up good it must have come loose from the lock and spun bending the lever and mount. I've fixed that but when i went to pull the shoes out they basically fell out the friction material was separated from the shoe and one shoe is cracked completely and the other has stress cracks. I cant seem to find new shoes in the US, these i think are 70mm. any idea on where to find these? I'm almost tempted to make a backing on the lathe for the friction material and re glue but that seems like a lot of work .

I think it is spelled Gremica now that I think about it. Jaxon would know for sure.

"Grimeca"

That may or may not be a Grimeca hub; they made drum hubs for mopeds and scooters, too. I'd try to ID the hub for sure, and then hit the vintage moped/Puch parts distributors for replacement pads.

Actually, I'd just rebuild the wheel around a new-production Sturmey-Archer X-FD, but that's b/c I'm boring and I like new parts as much as I like old parts. (And I like new parts in working order more than I like broken old bits, by far.)

Latest posts

Back