Drying Up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me, or is it REALLY hard to find bikes this year? I hit it pretty hard this weekend and came up with nothing (worth grabbing - at all) This whole past year or so has been slim. Maybe I just need to convince myself I am not looking anymore and they'll start showing up. Haven't seen a Spring this dry since I started really collecting - 5 or 6 years ago. :?

It seems like its drying up all over missouri, the only way Ive gotten anything lately is from younger generations of a family going in and cleaning out buildings on family farms then their still nothing super special

Fixer bikes are scarcer this year in my area of NC too. They are fewer and further between. Had to turn away 3 referral customers that stopped by today.

I'm trying to clean out my fixer uppers and I can't seem to sell them. I'm taking a bunch of stuff to the peddlers swap meet next week. I have some 20"&24" 50's cruisers,occ stingrays, late 60's muscle bikes. These are all project bikes. I hope I can sale them there.

In this part of NC (a poorish city) anything old was heavy and the scrap guys got it, the one bike I got that I was (and still am) excited about, a 1956 JC Higgins tank bike, I had to drive 80ish miles to get and there was no negotiating price since he had so many calls on it, I was just lucky enough to be the first in line.

Back