dual springer raty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey from OZ :)
just wanted to show off my new 20" raty
hand built in australia
I bought it for $500au which i think is around $320us ?!?

the crank is a bit low for riding at the mo, but after a bit o werk from me it shall be sweeeet!
shall be set so i can change from 'show' stance to 'ride' stance simply by changing the rear springer position to an inch forward of the current spot on the bottom swing arm
ooh ... and i alsoo added the saddle, i think it gives it a nice look ...
let know wot u think !

DSC05424.jpg

DSC05425.jpg

DSC05427.jpg

DSC05428.jpg

That's a triple springer if you count the springs on the front, the springs on the rear, and the HUGE springs on that seat. I like it. It's a cool ride.

Locolowriders3066 is there a pivot at the BB for the rear, I hope? Tell us about the fork, homemade, designed by you? Like to see more closeup pics!

ohchusan said:
very cool.
very different.
is that made out of two forks? how bout some closeups of that front springer?

thanx for the questions guys ...
the front forks are made from 2x 16" dragster forks with the fork fitted as standard and the front set simply floating on the kicker and springs
these are also easily changed to 20 or 26" forks for more of a drag/raked look if needed !

indeed there is a hinge behind the crank for the rear end
and i gotta be honest , i dont know what springs where used for the rear ?!?

later all ...
try to get a fu more shots up for that front for u all :)

hey all ...
thinkin about a set o 24" paralel apes so it shal be tall and lean, but i wood have to feel the ride to c if i like the nu set

i dont think there is a hole lot more i can do ... at leest without changing it to much
i just dont wona take away from the frame and forks :)

Bro......... ...??????

How did I not know of this one?????????

I know, I'm soooooooooo slack and have not come in the shop for way too long....

that is sick, def cruise time, massacre is coming out.....

Ah Man..........You beat me to it...I've been wanting to make a springer fork out of two forks....I wasn't sure how it would look...I like the way to two bends look together....

good job...

Back