Dug out my first bike...Super Nuthin Special here!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am on vacation in Eastern NC visiting my folks. I hit the old store we use as storage yesterday and dug out my first pic. Its a frame only right now but I thought I would share, A member here wanted a look at the drop outs. Also thanks to Skiptoothless for looking for the pads! Your a champ my friend! The last two were additional treasures found while digging around ENC. :lol: :lol:

Sadly no, not the Best one, the Wilson one...not even the GOOD one in Gvillie but the crapy one out towards 43 on the way into Greenville. Tomorrow I am going to McCalls in Goldsboro and all will be right with the world! If I was driving through Wilson for lunch I would have a hard time deciding between Parkers or ....'s Hotdogs. :lol: ..My dad just told me over my shoulder that The wilson location used to do over 100,000 meals a year when he was going to Atlantic Christian in the 60s.

That looks just like the Murray frame I got off of eBay. Those dropouts interfered with my freewheel, I could see scratches on the chainstay hanger from a coaster arm strap. Did I space out the axle? Nope, trimmed the inside of the tubes at the dropouts! Haha

Mine has a hole or 2 on the downtube from a chainguard, but everything else looks the same down to the "super smooth" welds. :lol:

Mine originally had a red paint over the chrome, it's inside the headtube and BB and in some of the hard to get inside corners. Looks kind of like a candy paint.

Rockit! said:
Did you ever eat at B's in Greenville??

Mrs B's or something the LITTLE tiny place out past all the student housing? If thats the spot then I have only passed it several times but never had the chance to stop. I am leaving back to PNW in the afternoon so bikes on the Eastern NC Craigslist are safe from interloping Oregon'ers! HA!

Yeah, B's barbeque. Looks like a dump. Rated second best barbeque in NC! In my opinion, the best! And boiled potatoes that will make you slap yo momma :lol:

Darn ~ I was THERE yesterday at The Bicycle Post and Babits Bikes looking for parts. I was hongry too! I ended up getting my Cheddar Bo. They don't have those back home so I have 1-2 everytime I am back...or three. Next time I will get the potatoes at B's thanks for the recommendation!

Go to Washington for a real hot dog at Bill's Hot Dogs.

My in-laws passed through Greenville on their way here tonight and I had them pick up a DK General Lee for my son, $50 with Tuff II wheels.

yoothgeye said:
Go to Washington for a real hot dog at Bill's Hot Dogs.

My in-laws passed through Greenville on their way here tonight and I had them pick up a DK General Lee for my son, $50 with Tuff II wheels.

I went by bills on Wed. There was a line so we headed over to Parkers. There is another place just outside little washington on the way to Pinetown/Acre Station called Slatestone Grocery. They have a PHENOMENAL chili hot dog. Shhhhh...better than Bill's. I just replied about your DK - post up them pics!

Latest posts

Back